- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn about ancient and modern history in Seoul
- Spend a night and partake in ceremonies at UNESCO Haeinsa Temple
- Visit Panmunjom and the DMZ to learn how Korea was divided
- Discover Busan's bustling, colourful markets
South Korea, the "Land of the Morning Calm" has long been overshadowed by neighbouring Japan. A dynamic country steeped in culture, tradition and history it offers vibrant cities, rich landscapes, friendly locals and staggering nature. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in bustling Seoul's contemporary culture, meditate and spend the night in an ancient temple, visit a three-tiered waterfall and explore colourful markets. This, combined with the chance to taste some of the most underrated cuisine in the world, makes a trip to Korea unforgettable!
Day 1: Start Seoul
Day 2: Full day Seoul walking tour including Insadong artisan area, Jogyesa Temple
and Gyeongbokkung Palace
Day 3: Visit Panmunjom to learn how Korea was divided
Day 4: Transfer to Gangneung; afternoon Korean cooking demonstration
Day 5: Enjoy an easy walk in Seoraksan N.P.
Day 6: Transfer to Andong; visit the Andong Hahoe Folk Museum
Day 7: Transfer to Gyeongju; visit the Tumuli Park and Cheomseongdae, the oldest
existing astronomical observatory in Asia
Day 8: Full day sightseeing including Seokguram Grotto, Bulguksa Temple and Anapji
Day 9: Transfer to Haeinsa Temple; explore the grounds, eat a traditional vegetarian
meal and take part in a Buddhist ceremony
Day 10: Early morning ceremony and meditation; transfer to Busan; city tour including
Day 11: Bullet train to Seoul; transfer to hotel. Free afternoon
Day 12: End Seoul
- 10 nights 3 and 4-star hotels and 1 night temple stay , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- 12 days land only / 13 days flight inclusive
- Travel by air-conditioned private minibus, bullet train and metro
- All transport and listed activities
- Transfers for group flights
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Sightseeing on foot and 1 short daywalk
- Group usually 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16yrs
- Any international flights to/from Seoul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover South Korea tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover South Korea tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover South Korea tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover South Korea tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.