- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb the narrow steps that wind around the cliffcarved rock fortress of Sigiriya, emerging triumphant at the world’s oldest landscaped gardens that sit 200 metres high.
- Sip on fresh Ceylon tea in Nuwara Eliya, tasting lovely brews with even lovelier views of rolling, evergreen hillside.
- Search for crocodiles, elephants, monkeys and buffaloes under cover of darkness during an evening safari tour of Yala National Park.
- With a history touched by Portuguese, Dutch and British influences and a society with a devout adherence to the Buddhist faith, this islandnation has incredible diversity.
Sri Lanka has just about everything a traveller could want – superb ancient sites, magnificent scenery, amazing wildlife, delicious cuisine, incredibly welcoming people and palm-fringed, white sandy beaches. Add to this a history touched by Portuguese, Dutch and British influences and a society with a strong and devout adherence to the Buddhist faith and we find an island-nation of incredibly rich diversity with much to offer. We discover all of this and more on a comprehensive journey of what has been affectionately called, due to its shape, the 'Teardrop Isle'.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Dambulla / Sigiriya
Dambulla / Anuradhapura
Dambulla / Polonnaruwa
Yala National Park
Yala National Park
- Comfortable hotel (10 nights), Feature Stay in Dambulla (3 nights)
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle , Safari Vehicle , Taxi , Train
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Sigiriya - Lion Rock
- Negombo - Fish market
- Anuradhapura - Bodhi Tree Temple
- Anuradhapura - Ancient site
- Anuradhapura - Isurumuniya Temple
- Giritale - Polonnaruwa Site
- Matale - Spice Garden
- Dambulla - Cave Temples
- Kandy - Botanical Gardens
- Kandy - Temple of the Tooth entrance
- Kandy - Cultural performance
- Nuwara Eliya - High Tea
- Nuwara Eliya - Pedro Tea Estate visit
- Yala/Udawalawe National Park - Wildlife safari
- Galle - Guided walking tour
- Colombo - City tour by bus
- Any international flights to Seeduwa and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jewels of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 94+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jewels of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 18 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Jewels of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jewels of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Though its equatorial position means fairly constant temperatures, the summer months in Sri Lanka are very hot with short, sharp monsoons in the southwest. Be sure to use adequate sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- The Rock Fortress – or Lion Rock – of Sigiriya is spectacular. However, those with a fear of (or even an aversion to) heights may wish to sit the excursion out. Scaling the rock involved walking up lots of rough, narrow steps and tight walkways.
- There are a couple of long travel days on this trip. Journeys may take up to five hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
- Tourism in Sri Lanka is booming, resulting in a huge increase in visitors to Yala National Park. Overtourism and lack of sustainable management practices are of major concern to Peregrine, so in order to reduce our impact on wildlife and the environment we are trialling visits in a less-touristed section of the park known as Block 5 or Veheragala. If we determine that Block 5 is also too crowded to visit responsibly, we will change our itinerary to visit Udawalawe National Park and Bundala National Park. Udawalawe is home to wild elephants, wild buffalo, sambar deer and leopards. Bundala is home to crocodiles and birds.This is the same itinerary we follow from September to mid-October when Yala National Park is closed annually for infrastructure development and rejuvenation.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers