- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- The Montiferru Mountain Range
- Sardinian scenery including the Sinis wetlands and the sea cliffs of Su Tingiosu
- Ancient site of Tharros
- Romantic Mediterranean trails
Explore the romantic Mediterranean trails of Sardinia's Montiferru mountains. Sardinia is an inspirational island of natural beauty with a mix of Italian and Spanish cultures. Walking from the black mountains of Montiferru to the Sinis wetlands you will discover beaches, bays, headlands, ancient ruins and historical sites. This is a gentle walk crossing a variety of terrain and home to much bird life, especially in the spring. The Montiferru mountains, a basaltic area famous for green forests, clear spring water and local 'red' beef provide wonderful walking opportunities with sweeping coastal views, charming accommodations and numerous swimming opportunities. Bird watchers will be entertained by the large colonies of Grey Herons, Pink Flamingoes and a wealth of other bird life, while the ancient Spanish watchtowers, small villages and the ancient site of Tharros occupied by the Phoenicians, Punics and Romans offer welcome distractions for those keen to learn more about the island's history and culture. Whilst walking, you will also come across artichoke fields, Vernaccia vineyards, olive groves and the Cabras Lagoon, famous for grey mullets and its 'Bottarga'.
Day 1 : Arrive Santu Lussurgiu
Day 2 : Santu Lussurgiu to San Leonardo Circuit 11.5 km/7 miles, 4 h
Day 3 : Santu Lussurgiu to Santa Caterina di Pittinuri 22 km/13.6 miles, 7 h
Day 4 : Santa Caterina di Pittinuri to Putzu Idu 16 km/10.5 miles, 5 h
Day 5 : Putzu Idu to San Salvatore Sinis 19.5 km/12.11 miles, 5.5 h
Day 6 : Tharros and Capo S. Marco circuit 16.5 km/10.25 miles, 4.5 h
Day 7 : San Salvatore Sinis to Cabras 10 km/6 miles, 3 h
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights in 3-4 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 7 breakfasts
- One piece of luggage per person transferred each day, not exceeding 20kg
- Taxi transfer on day 3, 4 & 5
- Information pack including route notes, maps & GPX data
- Emergency hotline
- Dinners, lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- City Tax 2-4 Euros per day, per person locally payable to the accommodations
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this A Saunter in Sardinia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
A Saunter in Sardinia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this A Saunter in Sardinia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.