- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness huge concentrations of seabirds in a frenzy of breeding activity—northern fulmars, horned and tufted puffins, guillemots, blacklegged kittiwakes, and more.
- Cruise by Zodiac along rocky islets and uninhabited shores to search for the area’s prolific marine and wildlife—including bears, Arctic foxes, seals, and whales.
- Photograph a variety of stunning scenery, from snowcapped volcanoes to wildflowerstudded tundra.
- Enjoy a performance of traditional Russian songs and dances in Sakhalin Island’s capital, YuzhnoSakhalinsk.
A trip into Russia’s remote Kamchatka region is hard to put into words; sky-high volcanoes soar over wildflower-studded tundra full of roaming reindeer, brown bears fishing for salmon and deserted landscapes that are little disturbed and scarcely explored. Begin your journey exploring the neon streets of Sapporo before boarding your intimate expedition ship. Enjoy an evening of traditional Russian song and dance on Sakhalin Island, wander amongst abandoned buildings and other relics of a secret Russian military base, explore the former dwellings of the Ainu in Onekotan, meet massive colonies of fur seals and Stellar sea lions on Tyuleniy Island, search for a myriad of sea birds amongst the 40 active volcanoes of the Kuril Islands and spot tufted puffins, sea otters and whales in the spectacular Russkaya Bay.Led by Mike Messick, a fellow of the Explorers Club and industry veteran of nearly 35 years, you’ll enjoy lectures, guided excursions, and daily recaps to bring an educational component to your adventure. Mike is regarded as one of the most experienced expedition leaders in the industry and has visited an impressive 195 countries around the world, so you can be sure he has plenty of travel stories to share! Along with Mike you’ll be joined by a team of renowned ornithologists, marine biologists, naturalists and more, especially chosen for this adventure. They’ll bring a comprehensive educational component to your adventure through lectures, guided excursions, and daily recaps.
Arrive in Sapporo and check in to our hotel.
join a tour of Sapporo’s highlights.
Cruise past tiny Teuri Island at dawn.
Disembark in Korsakov, then drive to Sakhalin Island’s capital,
Hundreds of northern fur seals and Steller sea lions cover the beaches.
The Kuril Islands form an archipelago of 56 large and small islands, nearly
equal to the Hawaiian Islands in landmass.
Shimushir’s spectacular geology features a string of extinct volcanoes.
Often enshrouded in fog, the rugged columnar stacks of the Srednego Islands
are home to thousands of nesting seabirds.
The Lovyshki Islands are small, rocky islets that offer the perfect resting
place for thousands upon thousands of northern fur seals.
Beautiful Onekotan Island boasts an impressive 4,000-foot-high volcano.
This afternoon, as you cruise through the First Kuril Strait, watch for the
Steller’s sea eagles that frequent the area.
Reminiscent of a Norwegian fjord, the craggy shores of the bay served as a
natural shelter for ships in the past.
Board Zodiacs to negotiate the shallow and meandering Zhupanova River.
Disembark the Caledonian Sky and transfer to the airport for our charter
flight to Seoul.
- 12 nights aboard the Caledonian Sky and 2 nights hotel , All accommodations
- 14 dinners, 14 Breakfasts, and 12 lunches , All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including Zodiac cruises, nature walks, and cultural tours
- Charter flight from Petropavlovsk/Seoul
- Max number of guests: 100
- 15 days land only
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to Sapporo, Japan and from Seoul, South Korea are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Kamchatka with the Kuril Islands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Kamchatka with the Kuril Islands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 27 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Wild Kamchatka with the Kuril Islands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Kamchatka with the Kuril Islands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.