- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the magic of the colonial district at night
- Explore the many different drinking establishments in the city with a local by your side, including rooftop bars, pubs, live music venues and hidden chilled out gardens
- Visit a tapas bar and sample traditional food such as a plantain basket stuffed with creolestyle shredded beef – delicious!
- Get off the beaten track and find out where the locals like to party
Get off the tourist trail and join us for an unforgettable night on the town in vibrant Santo Domingo! Visit pubs, clubs and bars with us and get the inside track on the city’s eclectic nightlife. Discover the locals' favourite hang-outs, taste some delectable Dominican food and learn how to party, Dominican-style!
Your night out in Santo Domingo will begin in a local tapas bar, where you will try a typical Dominican-style appetiser, known as montadito de platano stuffed with carne mechada, alongside a frost-covered beer — brewed on the island, naturally.
After lining our stomachs with some delicious food, we’ll make our way to one of the coolest bars in the city, a shoe factory and atmospheric garden bar located inside a colonial ruin, covered with giant roots and beautiful, twinkly lights.
From here we’ll take a stroll through the narrow, romantic streets of the old colonial city towards a pub that buzzes with rock ‘n’ roll music. Most nights there’s a live band playing some of your favourite hits from the '80s and '90s.
After rocking out, we’ll go more low key with our next stop: a bar that fuses folk and alternative music, demonstrating the best of the bohemian and funky music styles of the Dominican scene.
Next we will stop at an art gallery and library bar, for a spot of high-brow drinking.
Then we’ll take you to a bar regularly frequented by surfers and alternative musicians. Here we’ll enjoy a glass of sublime Dominican rum to continue the party mood!
To end our tour, we have something a bit different for you, as we make our way to a theatre bar with a beautiful Spanish patio. We’ll enjoy a drink and a spot of amateur dramatics, as local actors put on short shows throughout the evening!
Our tour ends here, but if you’re only just getting started, your guide can recommend (and escort you to) a fantastic Latin music bar, where you can show off your killer dance moves and party 'til late into the night!
- Local English-speaking guide
- One Dominican tapas dish
- One beer
- One Dominican rum drink
- One cocktail.&Nbsp;
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Santo Domingo Nightlife Adventure tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Santo Domingo Nightlife Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Santo Domingo Nightlife Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Plaza Pellerano Castro esquina, Calle Isabel La Católica & Calle Arzobispo Portes, Santo Domingo 10210Meeting end point :
Micro Teatro BarCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.