- Wine tasting tour
- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 7
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spend a wonderful day on the pacific coast
- Explore the colorful port city of Valparaiso
- Visit the resort town of Viña del Mar
- End the day with special tour and wine tasting at the exclusive Casas del Bosque vineyard
The tour continues through the popular beach town of Reñaca where on most days we will spot sea lions lying on the coastal rocks. We then drive through Viña del Mar, Chile’s “Garden City,” where you will see the city’s landmarks, including the Flower Clock and Casino, a “Moai” statue from Easter Island, as well as the city’s pristine beaches.
Afterwards, we reach our main destination, Plaza Sotomayor, the heart of Valparaiso. We will ride up an old funicular to Concepcion and Alegre Hills. Bohemian and colorful, Valparaiso’s maze of hills has long inspired poets and writers. You will discover something new at every turn – a gem of a building, a remarkable art gallery or some little gastronomic ‘find’. Revel in the architecture of this UNESCO World Heritage City. Stroll along its narrow streets, climb its endless staircases, and enjoy panoramic views from its many lofty lookout points.
After exploring Valparaiso, we will journey inland to the Casablanca Valley where we will stop at Casas del Bosque Vineyard for a tour and wine tasting. Today, Casas del Bosque is one of the most important wineries in Chile. In 1993, a family of Italian descendants established the winery. The large old pine and olive trees, and small white houses of adobe, define the name “Casas del Bosque” (Houses of the Forest). Currently, the vineyard has 580 acres of planted vines, exclusively dedicated to the production of cool-climate varieties of wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Syrah. One of Casas del Bosque’s biggest strengths is its soil. In the hills, red clay composites of volcanic origin sit on top of decomposed granite layers formed 110 million years ago beneath the Pacific Ocean. This soil gives their wines the unique characteristic sea salt flavor. Casas del Bosque has gained great prestige over the years and in 2010 became the Best Vineyard to Visit in Chile. Enjoy an informative tour, browse their gift shop and relax in their outdoor lounge area!
experience they create for you. The local knowledge they have and are able to share just made the day
even more interesting. Highly recommended”
- A multilingual guide
- Private transportation
- Funicular rides in Valparaiso
- Winery Tour and Aromas Wine Tasting at Casas del Bosque Vineyard
- Bottled water
- Digital Photographs
- Optional gratuity for guide
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* The order of sites visited may vary. * We believe the best way to explore Valparaiso is by walking its cobblestone streets and alleyways, however, if you have any physical limitations, please let your guide know at the beginning of the tour. If requested, this walking portion of the tour in Valparaiso can be done in the tour van. * Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the vineyard joining you on the winery tour and tasting, which is beyond our control. * This tour is available daily, except on January 1 and December 25, due to the closure of the vineyard. * An alternative vineyard will be visited if Casas del Bosque does not have availability on the date selected. * Free pick-up and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, and residence in Santiago * Free airport pick-up or drop-off on tour day * Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- earing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.