- Wine tasting tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 7
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the home museum of Nobel Prizewinning poet Pablo Neruda in Isla Negra
- Relax during a visit to Matetic Vineyard for a winery tour and tasting
- Shop for local handicrafts and try traditional Chilean food in Pomaire
- Enjoy a relaxing day away from the hustle and bustle of the city in the coastal town
Nobel Prize in Poetry winner Pablo Neruda built his house overlooking the Pacific Ocean in search of inspiration in this quiet seaside town. He constructed the building to resemble the interior of a ship, filled with seashells, mementos and treasures from the sea. Gain fascinating insight into Neruda’s eccentric life and works with a tour of his house museum.
We then go for a tour and tasting at Matetic Wine Vineyard, located in the Rosario Valley. The visit begins at the wine cellar reception. This is the perfect place to learn all about the history of the vineyard, organic and biodynamic agriculture and the process of winemaking, while enjoying panoramic views of the Corralillo vines. The tank rooms, the beautiful, peaceful aging room and the architecture of the winery are all highlights of the visit. The tour ends with a wine tasting, either in the underground tasting room or on the outdoor terrace overlooking the vines.
After the wine tasting, we continue our journey to Pomaire, known for its interesting clay pottery and other handicrafts. Pomaire is a wonderful place to visit. This town became an artisan hotspot because of natural clay deposits in the nearby land, causing the pottery industry to boom here. Pomaire is also known for being the home of the largest “empanadas” in Chile!
This is a great and relaxing day out of the city!
- Multilingual guide
- Private transportation
- Entrance to Pablo Neruda Museum House in Isla Negra
- Winery Tour and Corralillo Wine Tasting at Matetic Vineyard
- Bottled water
- Digital Photographs
- Optional gratuity for the guide
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* The order of sites visited may vary. * The best time to visit Pomaire is on weekends since more shops will be open. * Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the Pablo Neruda Museum and vineyard joining you, which is beyond our control. * This tour is not available on Mondays due to the Pablo Neruda Museum in Isla Negra being closed. It is also not available on national holidays due to the vineyard being closed. * An alternative vineyard will be visited if Matetic does not have availability on the date selected. * Free pick-up and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, and residence in Santiago * Free airport pick-up or drop-off on tour day * Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- earing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.