- Wine tasting tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 7
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Journey to the time of the Inca.
- Visit Chile's largest privatelyowned alpaca farm
- Venture on a short hike to discover rock drawings from 450 to 1,000 years ago
- Tour San Esteban Winery and taste their exquisite wines
First, we visit the largest privately-owned alpaca farm in Chile. Indulge in nature and discover this beautiful animal up close. You will see the entire alpaca wool production process and enjoy a broad selection of exclusive creations and handmade alpaca wool items that portray the patrimony and spirit of the Andean culture, which is the World of the Alpaca.
Then, we travel to the foothills of the Andes and stop at Paidahuén Archaeological Park. Paidahuén is an isolated hill located along the northern bank of the Aconcagua River in the rural town of San Esteban. At the top of Paidahuén, visitors will appreciate large rocks adorned with petroglyphs. Full of symbolism and mystery, these rock drawings are the work of native populations dating from 450 to 1,000 years ago. The true meaning of the petroglyphs are unknown, but research has demonstrated that they were not made randomly. From the top of the hill, visitors may ponder unanswered questions while taking the natural context into consideration. Specifically, the relationship between Paidahuén Hill and other peaks in the valley, the hill’s strategic positioning, and the prevalence of north-facing petroglyphs are some of the observations that can help understand the importance of this site.
Next, we visit nearby San Esteban Winery for a vineyard tour and tasting. San Esteban is a family-owned and operated producer of high-quality wines and table grapes. The vineyard exports to more than 20 countries. Their grapes are planted along the banks of the Aconcagua River and on the surrounding hillsides. This geography creates a micro-climate ideally suited for wine and table grape production, with a soil quality that rivals the best wine-growing regions in South America.
After the winery tour and tasting there will be time for lunch (not included), if you choose, at a rustic countryside restaurant called “La Ruca” meaning “house” in the Mapuche Indian language. This tour shows visitors the essence of Chile!
- A multilingual guide
- Entrance to Paidahuen Archaeological Park
- Entrance to Alpaca Farm
- Winery Tour and Classic Wine Tasting at San Esteban Vineyard
- Bottled water
- Digital Photographs
- Optional gratuities for guide
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* The vineyard may be closed on certain national holidays, including: January 1, September 18 and 19, and December 25. On these dates, we will substitute the vineyard with a visit to the Inca Lagoon. * The order of sites visited may vary. * It is necessary to walk uphill on a gradual trail for approximately 20 minutes to reach the petroglyphs at the summit. The climb can be done by a person of any age in good health. Walking poles are provided. This walk is optional and may be omitted if the guest chooses. * Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the alpaca farm and vineyard joining you, which is beyond our control. * Free pick-up and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, and residence in Santiago * Free airport pick-up or drop-off on tour day * Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- earing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.