- Walking tour
- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 7
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover Santiago as we explore the city on foot.
- Visit Santiago's history city center and its various landmarks
- Enjoy a cable car and funicular ride on San Cristobal Hill for panoramic views of the city
- A great tour for those with limited time and who want to see it all!
We begin the tour at your hotel and first bring you to the top of San Cristobal Hill by cable car or “teleférico”. From here you will have a panoramic view of the entire city where your guide will describe the city’s geography and point out the sites to be seen during the tour.
We will descend the hill by an open-air funicular that will bring you right into the colorful Bellavista neighborhood with streets lined with lively cafes. From there we walk by Plaza Italia and stroll through beautiful Florestal Park to reach the Lastarria neighborhood with many tiny shops and cafés.
We will then visit Santa Lucia Hill, an oasis in the center of the city. Originally named Huelén Hill by the Mapuche Indians, this is where Pedro de Valdivia founded the city in 1541.
We continue to the historic city center visiting the Museum of Fine Arts (closed on Monday), Central Market, and Plaza de Armas, Santiago’s main square. At the plaza, you will see the Cathedral, City Hall, Historic Post Office, and Monument to Chile’s Indigenous People, as well as enter the Museum of National History (closed on Monday). We then pass by the Old Congress Building and Supreme Court and continue onward to La Moneda Palace (The Government House).
Afterwards, we will stop by the oldest church in Chile, the San Francisco Church, and visit a handicraft market for souvenir shopping. At the end of the tour, your guide will take you back to your hotel using the city’s modern Metro system for a real local experience.
- A multilingual guide
- Public transportation
- Bottled water
- Digital Photographs
- Optional gratuity for the guide
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* The cable car and funicular at San Cristobal Hill are closed on Mondays for maintenance. * The order of sites visited may vary depending on your pick up location. * Museums are closed on Mondays. * The summer months (December-March) are hot and sunny in Santiago with daytime temperatures rising to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. The total walking distance of this tour is around 5 to 6 miles. We encourage guests to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring a hat and sunscreen. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- earing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.