- Local culture
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 99
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A spectacular tour of Chile’s beautiful central coastline visiting small villages and cove
- Travel into the heart of Chile's countryside to get close up to alpacas
- Spot penguins on Cachagua Island
After your hotel pick up, we venture to the countryside to visit the largest privately owned alpaca farm in Chile. Get up close with the beautiful animals and observe the entire alpaca-wool production process. You will see the entire alpaca wool production process and enjoy a broad selection of exclusive creations and handmade alpaca wool items that portray the patrimony and spirit of the Andean culture, which is the World of Alpaca.
We then continue to the Pacific coastline to the town of Cachagua. We will be a stone’s throw from “Penguin Island” where on most days we will be able to catch glimpses of penguins by the naked eye or using binoculars. We will walk on a beautifully carved pathway to a small cove with gorgeous views of the ocean.
Afterwards, we will have time for lunch (not included) in the quiet seaside resort town of Zapallar. This tour is a “must do” for anyone wanting to experience the essence of Chile!
experience they create for you. The local knowledge they have and are able to share just made the day
even more interesting. Highly recommended”
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transportation
- Entrance to Alpaca Farm
- Bottled Water
- Digital Photographs
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- Optional Boat Ride around Penguin Island
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* The order of sites visited may vary. * Penguin sightings from the shore are most common during the summer months of November to March. During these months there are several hundred penguins on the island. Between April and October, the penguin population reduces to only a dozen or so. Therefore, please be aware that during these months it may not be possible to see the penguins on the island from the shore. Throughout the year, as an alternative to seeing the penguins on the island as we walk along the shore, you will have the option of taking a one-hour private boat ride around the island (weather permitting) for closer viewing of the penguins. This is an additional $60.000 Chilean Pesos per group (up to 7 people) and payment must be made in cash directly at the dock on the tour date. Please note your interest in taking this optional boat ride when you complete the reservation form. This option is not recommended for those that suffer from motion or sea sickness. * Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the alpaca farm, which is beyond our control. * In order to sight the penguins it is necessary to walk around 1,500 feet on the beach, so we recommend wearing appropriate footwear. * Please bring a light jacket as the weather may be cooler on the coast even in summertime. * Free pick-up and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, and residence in Santiago. * Free airport pick-up or drop-off on tour day * Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- earing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.