- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Santiago Chile's cosmopolitan capital. Free time to explore the city on your own
- Mendoza Argentina's wine capital at the foot of the Andes mountains. Opt to visit some of the many vineyards in the region or go white water rafting in the Mendoza River
- Estancia stay spend three nights at a unique cattle ranch in Argentina, learn all about being a gaucho and go horseriding
- Cafayate visit the impressive rock formations of 'El Amphiteatro' and 'La Garganta del Diablo'
From Santiago in Chile spend an amazing 3 weeks on an overland adventure heading north to La Paz in Bolivia. Explore Argentinean vineyards and stay at a gaucho ranch, marvel at the spectacular scenery of the Atacama Desert and discover the dazzling Uyuni Salt Flats.
Day: 1-2 Santiago
Day: 3-4 Mendoza
Day: 5 Cordoba
Day: 6-8 Gaucho Ranch
Day: 9 Tafi del Valle
Day: 10-11 Cafayate
Day: 12-13 Salta
Day: 14-15 San Pedro de Atacama
Day: 16 The Altiplano
Day: 17 Uyuni / Salar De Uyuni Region
Day: 18 Uyuni / Salar De Uyuni Region
Day: 19-20 La Paz
Day: 21 La Paz
- 7 nights multishare hostels, 7 nights camping (including 2 nights wild camping) and 6 nights simple hotels
- Spend 3 nights at a traditional estancia (ranch) with gauchos
- 20 breakfasts, 8 lunches & 7 dinners.
- Transportation in an overland expedition vehicle and 4x4
- Services of two crew and local guides along the way
- Day trip on the surreal Salar de Uyuni Salt Flats including the Uyuni train graveyard
- Visit the incredible Moon Valley and the El tatio geysers in the mountains above the Atacama desert
- Visit the impressive rock formations of 'El Amphiteatro' and 'La Garganta del Diablo'.
- Visit the ancient ruins of the indigenous city of Quilmes en route.
- Items of a personal nature, additional meals and drinks
- International flights and visas
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag and roll mat - please bring your own for camping
- Local payment - $830pp, paid in USD
- Bookmundi is partner with On The Go Tours. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 79 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 53 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 19 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Atacama, Salt Flats & Gauchos Northbound - 21 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Atacama, Salt Flats & Gauchos Northbound - 21 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.