- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Fantastic walking across dramatic volcanic terrain
- Spectacular views reaching as far as Mount Teide on Tenerife
- Local delicacies such as miel de palma (palm honey) and rum made on the island
- The pretty capital of Santa Cruz
La Palma, nicknamed La Isla Bonita (the pretty Isle), is a relatively unheard of volcanic island in the western Canaries. For its small size it features a vast amount of diverse scenery, from dense cloud forest to volcanic landscapes with twisted rock formations and black sand beaches. This walking itinerary is designed to take advantage of the island's well waymarked paths. These start on the eastern side of La Palma, follow the coast to the north and then finally head south across the great Caldera which dominates the island.
Day 1: Start Santa Cruz
Day 2: Follow the GR130 long-distance coastal path towards the village of San
Day 3: Walk uphill to Los Sauces; ascend to Barlovento
Day 4: Trek through the ‘Dragon Trees Forest’ and across the dramatic Barranco
de Franceses before a final ascent
Day 5: Trek down a steep sided gorge to the tiny hamlet of El Tablado. Then a steep
ascent before a public bus back
Day 6: Morning transfer to experience an exciting section of the GR131 route along
the rim of the crater Caldera de Taburiente
Day 7: Walk a popular part of the GR131 along the 'Ruta de Los Volcanes'
Day 8: End Santa Cruz
- 7 nights accommodation in hotels and apartments , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and dinners
- All baggage transport
- 6 days walking, with luggage transfers
- Altitude maximum 2426m, average 800m
- Self-guided holiday. Min age 14 yrs
- Route notes and maps
- Airport transfers
- Any international flights to/from santa cruz are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Headwater - Self-Guided Trails of La Palma tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 165 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 23 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Headwater - Self-Guided Trails of La Palma tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Headwater - Self-Guided Trails of La Palma tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.