- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- age_requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Uyuni Experience the dreamlike salt flats
- Lake Titicaca Hike on the Isla del Sol, surrounded by the enormous lake
- Amboro National Park Spend a day exploring this biodiverse paradise
- Andes Be surrounded by mountains in Potosi, Sucre and La Paz, and discover the indigenous communities thriving here
Bolivia contains some of the richest culture and most startling scenery in South America. The biodiverse Amboro National Park nestles within the Andean foothills, while Condor fly above. The high mountains of the Andes explode with colourful scenes, from the indigenous communities living in colonial Sucre and Potosi, to the ethereal, bright-white salt plains in Uyuni and the magical sunsets over Lake Titicaca. Uyuni - Walk on the dreamlike salt plains, where oddly-shaped cacti live on the blinding white desert Lake Titicaca - Hike on the Isla del Sol, surrounded by astounding views across the enormous lake La Paz - Take a cable car to explore one of the highest cities in the world
Day 1 : Join trip in Santa Cruz; explore the city on foot and by vehicle
Day 2 : 4WD journey to Samaipata; hike to a condor viewpoint in the Andean foothills
Day 3 : Visit the pre-Hispanic UNESCO site of El Fuerte; hike through giant fern forest in Amboro National Park
Day 4 : Return to Santa Cruz by 4WD; fly to Sucre and discover the city
Day 5 : Day at leisure; optional trip to see dinosaur footprints
Day 6 : Travel to Potosi by public bus
Day 7 : Visit Potosi's famous mint; drive to Uyuni
Day 8 : Discover the salt-flats and the cacti-covered Incahuasi Island
Day 9 : Fly to La Paz; city tour and cable car
Day 10 : Free day; optional trip to Tiahuanaco archaeological site
Day 11 : Drive to Copacabana; boat to Isla del Sol
Day 12 : Boat to the Island of the Moon and visit to ruins; drive back to La Paz and fly to Santa Cruz
Day 13 : Trip ends Santa Cruz
- Hotel LP (2 nights)
- El Pueblito Resort (2 nights)
- Hostal de Su Merced (2 nights)
- Hostal Colonial (1 night)
- Hotel Jardines de Uyuni (2 nights)
- Hostal Naira (2 nights)
- Ecolodge La Estancia (1 night)
- 12 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Cable Car
- Any international flights to/from Santa Cruz De La Sierra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Bolivia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 184 today.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Bolivia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Bolivia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Bolivia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.