- Local culture
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-11110
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Enjoy a three-day Salar de Uyuni 4x4 adventure, which includes the train cemetery, salt flats, Incahuasi (cactus) Island, colourful lagoons, geysers and ancient volcanoes
- Discover the pre-Columbian Unesco World Heritage sites of El Fuerte and Tiwanaku
- See the giant tree ferns and spectacular landscape of Amboró National Park
- Visit La Recoleta viewpoint overlooking the White City of Sucre
- Learn about the colonial and silver mining heritage of Potosí
- Walk to the Fountain of Eternal Youth on Isla del Sol, Lake Titicaca
- Embark on an afternoon city tour of La Paz, including the cathedral and cable car ride
- Part of the Aldo Kane collection
- Show more
Landlocked Bolivia is a quintessential South American country, with immense landscapes and a strong indigenous culture. Discover its many highlights on this wide-ranging adventure.
We visit Amboró National Park, which has almost unparalleled biodiversity, and the charming (albeit rustic) gateway town of Samaipata, which provides access to the pre-Columbian Unesco site of El Fuerte. Nowhere else can you find salt flats of comparable scale to Salar de Uyuni: our comprehensive three-day 4x4 trip reveals multi-coloured lagoons, cacti islands and spouting geysers.
In contrast to these natural wonders are the cities of Sucre, Potosi and La Paz, whose heritage was shaped by the Incas and Spanish Conquistadores. Finally, we wind down with a night in an ecolodge on Isla del Sol, overlooking the deep, tranquil waters of Lake Titicaca, which are fringed by the snow-capped peaks of the Cordillera Real.
Aldo Kane Collection: A hand-selected range of adventures by our Brand Ambassador:“Bolivia is one of my favourite countries. I have led two expeditions here and I just love the diversity, from the snow-capped Andean mountains and salt flats to cloud forests in the Amazon. This trip offers an all-encompassing three-day tour of Salar de Uyuni, the world’s largest salt flats, where you can see bubbling geysers, dormant volcanoes and vibrant lagoons. You’d be hard pushed to find anywhere else like it on the planet.”
Day 1: Santa Cruz to Amboró National Park
Day 2: Amboró trek; drive to Samaipata
Day 3: Morning guided tour of El Fuerte; afternoon at leisure
Day 4: Return to Santa Cruz; short flight to Sucre
Day 5: Morning city tour; afternoon at leisure
Day 6: Drive to Potosí; afternoon visit local mine and walking tour of Potosí to discover the colonial and silver mining heritage
Day 7: Morning tour to Uyuni; afternoon transfer to Siloli desert
Day 8: First day of our 4x4 adventure to discover the incredible landscapes of Salar de Uyuni
Day 9: Second day to discover more sights of Salar de Uyuni by 4x4
Day 10: Third day to discover more sights of Salar de Uyuni by 4x4
Day 11: Drive back to Uyuni; fly to La Paz; afternoon city tour
Day 12: Travel to Isla del Sol on Lake Titicaca; walk to our ecolodge
Day 13: Explore Isla del la Luna or relax on Isla del Sol
Day 14: Walk to the Fountain of Eternal Youth; transfer to La Paz; fly back to Santa Cruz
Day 15: End Santa Cruz
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, six lunches and seven dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 236+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Bolivia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 May 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Bolivia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Bolivia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
Can this trip include a 1-week extension to Peru?
The tour operator does not provide tour extensions. However, you may opt to take another 7-day tour to Peru that has a start date that is near to your Bolivian tour end date. Here are some suggestions of 7 day Peru tours.
Another option is to customize your own private tour. We work with reliable local tour operators in Peru. To connect with them, please send us a trip planner request via this link.
Is there a discount rate considering the stretched political situation?
Regarding the political condition in Bolivia, the tour operator always follows FCO travel advice. The FCO no longer advises against all but essential travel to Bolivia, so this trip looks fine to go ahead. Sending you the link for your easy reference here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/bolivia. There is no discount offered.
I will be traveling alone. Can I have more details on the room options?
This trip has two options available for accommodation for a solo traveler as per the below. Please note that if you want to have a room to yourself, you need to pay a single supplement.
- Twin-share room: You will be allocated in a twin room with a fellow traveler of the same gender. Currently, the tour price is USD 4,073 per person.
- Single room: You will be allocated in a separate single room. Currently, the tour price is USD 4,576 per person.
- What is the maximum altitude reached while trekking?