- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Threeday Salar de Uyuni 4WD adventure including the train cemetery, salt flats, Incahuasi (cactus) Island, colourful lagoons, geysers and ancient volcanoes
- PreColumbian UNESCO World Heritage Sites of El Fuerte and Tiwanaku
- Daywalk to see the Giant tree ferns and spectacular landscape of Amboró National Park
- Visit La Recoleta viewpoint overlooking the 'White City' of Sucre
Landlocked Bolivia is a quintessential South American country both in terms of the immensity of its landscapes and its strong indigenous culture. Although little-known, Amboró National Park boasts almost unparalleled bio-diversity and the charming, albeit rustic, gateway town of Samaipata also gives access to the nearby Pre-Columbian UNESCO site of El Fuerte. Nowhere else on Earth can you find salt flats of comparable scale to Salar de Uyuni; a comprehensive three-day 4WD adventure reveals its multi-coloured lagoons, cacti islands and spouting geysers. In stark contrast to these natural wonders are the vibrant cities of Sucre, Potosi and La Paz whose heritage was shaped by both the Incas and the Spanish Conquistadores. Finally, wind down with a night in an eco-lodge on the Isla del Sol overlooking the deep, tranquil waters of Lake Titicaca - fringed by snow-capped peaks of the Cordillera Real.
Start Santa Cruz and drive to Amboro N.P
Amboro trek; drive to Samaipata
Morning guided tour of the Pre-Columbian UNESCO site of El Fuerte; afternoon
Return to Santa Cruz; short flight to Bolivia's capital, the 'White City' of
Morning city tour; afternoon at leisure
Drive to Potosí (4,060m); walking tour to discover its colonial and silver
Morning tour to the entrance of the Cerro Rico mine; afternoon transfer to
Begin a three-day 4WD adventure to discover the incredible landscapes of
Salar de Uyuni
Second day to discover more sights of Salar de Uyuni by 4WD
Third day to discover more sights of Salar de Uyuni by 4WD
Drive back to Uyuni; fly to La Paz (3,640m); afternoon city tour
Travel to Isla del Sol (4,100m) on Lake Titicaca; walk to our eco-lodge
Free day to explore Isla del Sol; optional boat trip to Island of the moon
Walk to the Eternal Youth Fountain; transfer to La Paz; fly back to Santa
End Santa Cruz
- 10 nights hotels, 2 nights salts hotel and 2 nights eco-lodge , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Travel by private minibus, 4WD, boat and 3 internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers (for group flights only)
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min. age 16 yrs
- Time spent at altitude
- Some long drives and early starts
- Day walk in Amboró N.P
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Santa Cruz De La Sierra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Bolivia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 147+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Bolivia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 420 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 27 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Bolivia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Bolivia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.