- Local culture
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Threeday Salar de Uyuni 4WD adventure including the train cemetery, salt flats, Incahuasi (cactus) Island, colourful lagoons, geysers and ancient volcanoes
- PreColumbian UNESCO World Heritage Sites of El Fuerte and Tiwanaku
- Daywalk to see the Giant tree ferns and spectacular landscape of Amboró National Park
- Visit La Recoleta viewpoint overlooking the 'White City' of Sucre
Landlocked Bolivia is a quintessential South American country both in terms of the immensity of its landscapes and its strong indigenous culture. Although little-known, Amboró National Park boasts almost unparalleled bio-diversity and the charming, albeit rustic, gateway town of Samaipata also gives access to the nearby Pre-Columbian UNESCO site of El Fuerte. Nowhere else on Earth can you find salt flats of comparable scale to Salar de Uyuni; a comprehensive three-day 4WD adventure reveals its multi-coloured lagoons, cacti islands and spouting geysers. In stark contrast to these natural wonders are the vibrant cities of Sucre, Potosi and La Paz whose heritage was shaped by both the Incas and the Spanish Conquistadores. Finally, wind down with a night in an eco-lodge on the Isla del Sol overlooking the deep, tranquil waters of Lake Titicaca - fringed by snow-capped peaks of the Cordillera Real.
Day 1: Start Santa Cruz and drive to Amboro N.P
Day 2: Amboro trek; drive to Samaipata
Day 3: Morning guided tour of the Pre-Columbian UNESCO site of El Fuerte; afternoon
Day 4: Return to Santa Cruz; short flight to Bolivia's capital, the 'White City' of
Day 5: Morning city tour; afternoon at leisure
Day 6: Drive to Potosí (4,060m); walking tour to discover its colonial and silver
Day 7: Morning tour to the entrance of the Cerro Rico mine; afternoon transfer to
Day 8: Begin a three-day 4WD adventure to discover the incredible landscapes of
Salar de Uyuni
Day 9: Second day to discover more sights of Salar de Uyuni by 4WD
Day 10: Third day to discover more sights of Salar de Uyuni by 4WD
Day 11: Drive back to Uyuni; fly to La Paz (3,640m); afternoon city tour
Day 12: Travel to Isla del Sol (4,100m) on Lake Titicaca; walk to our eco-lodge
Day 13: Free day to explore Isla del Sol; optional boat trip to Island of the moon
Day 14: Walk to the Eternal Youth Fountain; transfer to La Paz; fly back to Santa
Day 15: End Santa Cruz
- 10 nights hotels, 2 nights salts hotel and 2 nights eco-lodge , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Travel by private minibus, 4WD, boat and 3 internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers (for group flights only)
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min. age 16 yrs
- Time spent at altitude
- Some long drives and early starts
- Day walk in Amboró N.P
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Santa Cruz De La Sierra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Bolivia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 160+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Bolivia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Bolivia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Bolivia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
Can this trip include a 1-week extension to Peru?
The tour operator does not provide tour extensions. However, you may opt to take another 7-day tour to Peru that has a start date that is near to your Bolivian tour end date. Here are some suggestions of 7 day Peru tours.
Another option is to customize your own private tour. We work with reliable local tour operators in Peru. To connect with them, please send us a trip planner request via this link.
Is there a discount rate considering the stretched political situation?
Regarding the political condition in Bolivia, the tour operator always follows FCO travel advice. The FCO no longer advises against all but essential travel to Bolivia, so this trip looks fine to go ahead. Sending you the link for your easy reference here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/bolivia. There is no discount offered.
I will be traveling alone. Can I have more details on the room options?
This trip has two options available for accommodation for a solo traveler as per the below. Please note that if you want to have a room to yourself, you need to pay a single supplement.
- Twin-share room: You will be allocated in a twin room with a fellow traveler of the same gender. Currently, the tour price is USD 4,073 per person.
- Single room: You will be allocated in a separate single room. Currently, the tour price is USD 4,576 per person.
- What is the maximum altitude reached while trekking?