- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Family friendly cycling exploring beautiful southern Sardinia
- Enjoy spectacular scenery set in a truly unspoilt landscape
- Feast on exquisite Sardinian cuisine
- Plenty of time to relax with your family and enjoy the sights and beaches
A family friendly cycle trip exploring the dramatic coastline and Roman ruins of southern Sardinia. The Mediterranean island of Sardinia is well known for its white sandy beaches, mystical ancient history and wild mountainous interior. It's an island full of adventure for both young and old with the intrigue of its own language and cultural traditions, mouth watering local flavours and idyllic beaches providing something for everyone in the family. This itinerary will see you exploring Sardinia's southern coastline by bike with the kids, an ideal way to combine quality beach time with an interactive focus. The southern coast of Sardinia has much to offer all ages; cycle through small fishing villages, past Romanesque ruins and lagoons packed with pink flamingos; wander through vineyards and old olive groves, take in the spectacular views of dramatic cliffs and of course relax on the famous white sandy beaches. Whilst cycling between villages spend the night in quality family friendly hotels and feast on exquisite Sardinian cuisine. With a range of cycle options for kids and adults including bike seats, trailers and electric bikes there are no excuses not to be active on this inspiring relaxed pace cycling trip.
Day 1 : Arrive Sant’ Antioco
Day 2 : Ride to Maladroxia beach or Calasetta then ferry to Carloforte village (20 or 24km/12.5 or 15mi)
Day 3 : Cycle through vineyards and olive groves across the Plains of Sulcis to Sant'Anna Arresi (25km/15.5mi)
Day 4 : Along the Costa del Sud to Chia with its beautiful beaches (36km/22.5mi)
Day 5 : Day at leisure in Chia or hike along a cliff top Roman road
Day 6 : Cycle to Pula (23km/14.5mi)
Day 7 : Loop cycle to visit Nora, an ancient Phoenician archaeological site (20km/12.5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes Pula
- 7 nights in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (quad and triple share available, hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow €10-15)
- Information pack including route notes and maps per room booked
- 7 breakfasts
- Luggage transfer
- Rental bike with pannier, helmet, handlebar bag, repair kit, bike computer and water bottle (e-bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Welcome meeting (or call, if day 1 is not a Saturday)
- Emergency hotline
- Dinners, lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Ferry tickets to Carloforte and Calasetta - optional - allow EUR10 per person for each ferry
- Local taxes, payable locally - allow €10-15
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sardinia Family Cycle Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sardinia Family Cycle Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sardinia Family Cycle Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.