- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience a close encounter with wild orangutans
- Go on a Canopy Walk high above the forest floor
- View amazing species on the Kinabatangan River
Take part in an amazing 4-day adventure in the Sabah region of Malaysia. See endangered wild orangutans, go on a Canopy walk in the lush jungle, explore Gomantung Cave, and cruise along the Kinabatangan River.
Day 1: Sandakan, Malaysia
Day 2: Sandakan - Bilit (Kinabatangan River), Malaysia
Day 3: Bilit (Kinabatangan River), Malaysia
Day 4: Bilit (Kinabatangan River) - Sandakan, Malaysia
- 3 Nights shared accommodation
- 1N Sepilok Jungle Resort
- 2N Bilit Lodge)
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- 4 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s)
- Airport Transfers, Van & Boat
- Sandakan airport transfers
- All land & boat transfers
- English speaking guide
- Active adventures
- Sepilok Centre and The Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Gomantung Cave
- Kinabatangan River cruises
- Jungle Trekking
- Sandakan Sightseeing tour
- Entrance fees to Sepilok Centre & Gomantung Cave
- Malaysian tourism accommodation tax
- Other meals & drinks
- Camera fees for Sepilok Centre & Gomantung Cave
- Tips for guides
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 28 today.
- Earn US$ 18+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sandakan Orangutan Experience 4D/3N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sandakan Orangutan Experience 4D/3N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sandakan Orangutan Experience 4D/3N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
What to bring
Raincoat (wet season Nov-Feb), cap/hat, insect repellent, sun cream, good walking shoes, socks, (leech socks are available for sale), a pair of sandals, torch light, comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pant, binocular, camera, personal toiletries and medications.
As of 1 September 2018, all accommodation in Malaysia is subject to a Sales and Services Tax (SST) that must be paid upon check-in.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols