- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy varied guided walking on the subtropical island of La Gomera with
- Spectacular gorge and coastal walks.
We visit the UNESCO World Heritage National Park of Garajonay, a rare example of the humid sub-tropical forest that covered most of Europe before the arrival of man. From the misty heights of its peak, we will walk through forests and fertile terraces dotted with palms and rugged ravines. We'll follow goat herders' tracks and ancient paths, linking remote villages and hermitages perched above dramatic gorges with spectacular coastal views. La Gomera is also a plant lover's paradise due to its temperate climes; it offers a wide variety of plants and we spot many endemic and sometimes rare species. As we explore the pretty towns and villages en route, we'll stop for refreshing drinks and also include lunch in two restaurants specialising in local cuisine.Your base is the stunning and tranquil 4 star Parador in the charming capital of San Sebastian. Perched high on the cliff top and surrounded by exotic gardens planted with hibiscus, bougainvillea and palms, the hotel's pool is spectacularly positioned overlooking the sea and the colourful harbour below. It is built in traditional Canarian style with elegantly furnished wooden-beamed rooms with air conditioning and pretty interior patios. Excellent evening meals are served in the hotel, and expect to sample some typical Gomeran specialities.
Arrive in San Sebastian
El Roque Agando
Garajonay National Park
La Merica Ridge Walk
.... Free Day
The 1000m Villages Walk
Leave San Sebastian
- All buffet breakfasts, 5 lunches and 6 evening meals.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All accomodation
- Management by your local Headwater-appointed agent
- Services of an experienced walking guide
- Any international flights to/from San Sebastian are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking on La Gomera tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking on La Gomera tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 258 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking on La Gomera tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking on La Gomera tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.