- Learn the colourful history and culture of the Basque Provinces
- Plunge right in to a vibrant San Sebastian evening
- Experience everything there is to know about the delicious pintxos
Once you are armed with a firm understanding, it is time to jump on in and experience the Basque culture first-hand. We will leave Old Town and head to some of the most renowned food and drink bars in San Sebastian, where locals come to share stories, jokes, and of course plenty of food and local wine. The key ingredient to the Basque people’s food culture is pintxos, which are basically a variety of tapas unique to the region.
More than just a delicious taste, pintxos are one of the cornerstones of Basque culture, and San Sebastian is the ultimate spot to taste the sensation. There are plenty of underlying aspects of this delicious food that you will learn, providing plenty of meaning and background to the reason pintxos is such an important feature of the region. Also more generally, you will experience the overall importance of the sharing of wine and food for local people, with this walking tour of San Sebastian visiting some of the most social places you will ever experience.
- Local english-speaking guide
- 3 glasses of wine or local aperitif and 5 pintxos (local snacks)
- a soft drink for passengers under 18 years of age.
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional food and drink
- And tips and gratuities for your guide.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.