- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Indulge in a lunch time feast at Juayua’s phenomenal Feria Gastronomica – this small town hosts its famous food festival every weekend, showcasing sweets, treats and local delicacies.
- Relax on a scenic drive along the beautiful Ruta de las Flores, a renowned route that winds through flourishing wildflowers, colonial villages and lush countryside.
- Uncover the ancient ruins of Joya de Ceren, known as the Pompeii of the Americas – a wonderfully preserved Maya village that was buried under volcanic ashfall around AD600.
- Enjoy a free day to explore the surrounding beauty of Ahuachapan: from the shimmering rivers and pristine forest of El Imposible National Park, to the impressive archaeological Maya ruins of Tazumal.
Good things come in small packages, and nowhere more than El Salvador. Sitting quietly nestled in between Guatemala and Honduras, El Salvador’s epic volcanoes, misty cloud forests, ancient relics and quiet colonial towns will capture your imagination – while the undulating waves that roll along the surf coast will unleash your inner grommet. Immerse yourself in the handsome capital of San Salvador, meander through the wildflowers that line the Ruta de las flores, explore the lush nature reserves of Ahuachapan and wander through the whitewashed village of Suchitoto – then spend your last few days swinging in a hammock by the beach in El Tunco. This trip is the perfect introduction to your next favourite country.
Juayua / Ahuachapan
Joya de Ceren / Suchitoto
- Hotel (5 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- San Salvador -Leader-led walking tour
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Juayua - Weekend Food Fair
- Flower Route - (Ruta de las Flores) Day Trip
- Suchitoto - Leader led walking tour
- Joya de Ceren - Archaeological site (Entrance fee & Transport)
- Suchitoto - Salvadoran Pupusa cooking demonstration
- Any international flights to San Salvador and from El Tunco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of El Salvador tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 43+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of El Salvador tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 27 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of El Salvador tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of El Salvador tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There’s so much to do in Ahuachapan, Suchitoto and El Tunco that we thought we’d give you the opportunity to explore at your own pace. While there are no included activities planned for your time here, there are plenty of optional activities to take part in during your stay.
- The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be really hot and humid. It makes the beers even more refreshing but consider what time of the year you wish to travel in if you’re easily affected by weather. Although our private vehicles do have air conditioning, it has to work pretty hard to keep a full group cool.
- If you wish to spend more time in San Salvador or El Tunco, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
- Learn the lingo with an informal lesson in the Spanish language. From Hola to Hasta Luego to the all-important phrases – like how to order a cerveza!
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Joining point instructions