- duration 4 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Take wacky pictures in the famous Salar de Uyuni<
- Drive through the Bolivian Altiplano’s moonlike deserts
- Marvel at breathtaking red & green coloured lakes
- See active volcanoes, geysers & steaming craters
Depart San Pedro de Atacama on an unforgettable 3-day expedition in a 4x4 Toyota land cruiser through the desert of southwest Bolivia and into the vast and blinding-white salt flats of Uyuni. Along the way, visit tiny villages, multi-colored lakes with flamingos, geysers, and thermal hot-springs at 5,000m.
Day 1: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile-Red Lagoon, Bolivia (Day 1: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile-Red Lagoon, Bolivia)
Day 2: Red Lagoon-Chiguana Salt Flat, Bolivia (Day 2: Red Lagoon-Chiguana Salt Flat, Bolivia)
Day 3: Chiguana Salt Flat-Uyuni Salt Flats-Villa Mar, Bolivia (Day 3: Chiguana Salt Flat-Uyuni Salt Flats-Villa Mar, Bolivia)
Day 4: Villa Mar, Bolivia-San Pedro de Atacama, Chile (Day 4: Villa Mar, Bolivia-San Pedro de Atacama, Chile)
- Basic dorm-style rooms with shared bathroom
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- 4WD vehicle
- Transportation in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack during tour
- Visit Green Lagoon and Laguna Blanca
- Drive through Dali Desert and get inspired by the beautiful landscapes and geysers.
- Visit Laguna Honda, Chiarcota and Cañapa
- Visit Inca Wasy in the middle of the salt flat
- Pass by small salt-miners village of Colchani
- Shower, snacks, local driver
- Local driver
- Shower on the 2nd night but very basic (hot shower for 10 bs)
- Entrance fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs) and Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs)
- English speaking guide
- Other meals & drinks
- Tips (please keep in mind that tipping is common in latin america and would be greatly appreciated.)
- Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 21 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 14 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 119 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 13 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert Adventure 4D/3N (Atacama to Atacama) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert Adventure 4D/3N (Atacama to Atacama) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
Please note that in January and February, because of Altiplanic winter, we keep the right to change route of the circuit IF IT'S NECESSARY.
ALTITUDE: This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
ACCOMMODATION / FACILITIES ON TOUR: The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities may have a small local cost. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers, extra bottles of water (we recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -25 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of warm clothes like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
NOTE: As you will come back to your departure point, please ONLY BRING the necessary material & clothes during the tour.
REMEMBER: It can get very cold especially during the winter months of June and July so bring extra warm clothes along like a scarf and wool hat to keep warm. We also recommend bringing an extra 5 litres of water so you can have enough water for the whole trip.
During Winter Season:
If your tour is confirmed during the winter season. Please be aware that the itinerary as well as the route are prone to changes without notice. In case of severe weather conditions in Bolivia, the Uyuni Salt Flats tour may not operate.