- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take wacky pictures in the famous Salar de Uyuni
- Drive through the Bolivian Altiplano’s moonlike deserts
- Marvel at breathtaking red & green coloured lakes
- See active volcanoes, geysers & steaming craters
Depart San Pedro de Atacama on an unforgettable 3-day expedition in a 4x4 Toyota land cruiser through the desert of southwest Bolivia and into the vast and blinding-white salt flats of Uyuni. Along the way, visit tiny villages, multi-coloured lakes with flamingos, geysers, and thermal hot-springs at 5,000m.NOTE: You need to arrive to Atacama one day before the trek departs
If doing camping, sleeping bags and matts are provided though this isn't communicated anywhere.
The trek itself is amazing. Hiking Poles are recommended
Views are incredible and worth the hard work.”
Day 1: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile-Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia
Day 2: Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia
Day 3: Uyuni Salt Flats-Uyuni, Bolivia
- 2 nights in basic dorm-style rooms with shared bathroom
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- Hotel pick-up in San Pedro de Atacama
- All transport on tour in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack
- Sightseeing expedition
- Green Lagoon & Laguna Blanca visit
- See Dali Desert & Fish Island
- Drive through the Siloli Desert & the mining town of Colchani
- Profesional guide in Spanish
- English-speaking guide (180 USD per person)
- Border tax (15 Bolivianos per person)
- Entrance fees to parks (186 Bolivianos per person): National Reserve of Andean Fauna Eduardo Abaroa (150 Bolivianos), Termas de Polques (6 Bolivianos), Isla Incahuasi (30 Bolivianos)
- Access to toilets in the way (6 Bolivianos)
- Sleeping bag (available at an extra cost)
- Other meals & drinks
- Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert Adventure 3D/2N (Atacama to Uyuni) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 February 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert Adventure 3D/2N (Atacama to Uyuni) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert Adventure 3D/2N (Atacama to Uyuni) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Please note that in January and February, because of Altiplanic winter, we keep the right to change route of the circuit If it's necessary.
This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
Accommodation / facilities on tour:
The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities may have a small local cost. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
Suggested packing list:
Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers, extra bottles of water (we recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -25 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of warm clothes like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
Pick up is around 07:00 hrs. Please be patient, in case of any delay call our emergency contact.
It can get very cold especially during the winter months of June and July so bring extra warm clothes along like a scarf and wool hat to keep warm. We also recommend bringing an extra 5 litres of water so you can have enough water for the whole trip.
During Winter Season:
If your tour is confirmed during the winter season. Please be aware that the itinerary as well as the route are prone to changes without notice.
In case of severe weather conditions in Bolivia, the Uyuni Salt Flats tour may not operate. We will try our best to respect the itinerary as closely as possible as long as safety can be assured.