- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through a desert, salt flats, ravines and a rainforest
- Two South American Countries
- Excursions to Atacama salt flats, altiplano lagoons and the Tatio geysers
This trip takes us on a journey through a part of the world that resembles no other. Starting in the popular town of San Pedro de Atacama and finishing in 'Salta la Linda', this trip takes us through many roads in which you will see very little traffic and no other cyclists. This 'once in a lifetime' journey includes cycling through salt flats, ravines, a serpentine-like road through a rainforest and in the driest desert in the world.
Day 1: Start Atacama; transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Cycle to Moon Valley; visit salt mines.
Day 3: Visit El Tatio geysers; afternoon ride to San Isidro's chapel.
Day 4: Cross border into Argentina; cycle alongside Jama salt flat; transfer to
Day 5: Transfer to Salinas Grandes; scenic picnic lunch; downhill ride to the Humahuaca Gorge and the Hill of Seven Colours.
Day 6: Transfer to El Carmen; cycle through rain forest; transfer to Salta.
Day 7: Free day in Salta.
Day 8: Transfer to abandoned train station; cycle along Las Conchas river.
Day 9: Cycle to the Sacred City of Quilmes; guided tour and transfer back.
Day 10: Ride to the Calchaqui Valley; transfer to Molinos passing the Valley of
Day 11: Cycle using the old National Route 40 Route to Cachi.
Day 12: Cycle in Los Cardones National Park; downhill stage along 'Bishop's Hill';
final transfer to Salta.
Day 13: End Salta airport.
- 12 nights hotels all en suite , 12 nights hotels all en suite
- All breakfasts and 9 lunches
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support 80% tarmac, 20% unpaved tracks
- Routes mainly follow quiet roads
- Group normally 5 to 16 plus local staff. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Airport transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from San Pedro De Atacama are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Chile & Argentina: Atacama to Salta tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 145 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 415 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 27 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Chile & Argentina: Atacama to Salta tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Chile & Argentina: Atacama to Salta tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.