- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Young Adults
- Arenal: Admire one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country and it’s beautiful park, dotted with trails and rich in wildlife.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of green sea turtles, offering also spectacular beaches and opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca: A Caribbean seaside town famous for its surfing scene, beautiful scenery, and relaxed atmosphere.
- Cahuita National Park: This natural park will amaze you with its pristine beaches, beautiful coral reefs, and coastal rainforest.
Explore Costa Rica´s spectacular nature, imposing volcanoes, and the pristine Caribbean beaches in this round-trip adventure that begins and ends in the capital city, San Jose. Enjoy nine days of memorable experiences, walking around Arenal Volcano National Park, discovering Tortuguero National Park, and relaxing on the Southern Caribbean Coast. Get to know a different side of Costa Rica, whose local population boasts Afro-Caribbean heritage. Explore the pristine beaches, hike through the emblematic rainforests, and admire the reef system during an unforgettable snorkelling tour. This journey is sure to impress, offering you memories to last a lifetime.
Day 1: Arrival San Jose
Day 2: San Jose – Arenal (130km – 4 Hrs)
Day 3: Arenal Volcano National Park
Day 4: Arenal – Guapiles – Tortuguero (210km – 5 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 5: Tortugero National Park
Day 6: Tortugero – Guapiles – Puerto Viejo De Talamanca (220km – 2 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 7: Cahuita National Park
Day 8: Puerto Viejo – San Jose (215km – 5 Hrs)
Day 9: Depart San Jose (25km – 30 Min)
- 8 nights' accommodationACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
- VEHICLE CAR GROUP
- Day 1,8 San Jose
- Category Standard = Holiday Inn Express Forum or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Holiday Inn Escazu or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Real Intercontinental or similar 5*
- Day 2-3 Arenal
- Category Standard = Arenal Montechiari or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Arenal Springs or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Arenal Kioro or similar 5*
- Day 4-5 Tortuguero
- Category Standard = Pachira Lodge or similar Lodge Standard
- Category Superior = Evergreen Lodge or similar Lodge Standard
- Category Deluxe = Aninga Lodge or similar Lodge Standard
- Day 6,7 Puerto Viejo
- Category Standard = Villas del Caribe or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Cariblue or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Le Cameleon or similar 5*
- CAR HIRE OPTIONS
- Daihatsu Bego A
- Suzuki Grand Vitara B
- Toyota Fortuner C
- Meet and greet on Day 1Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees for optional activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Volcanoes, Nature And Caribbean, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 September 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 September 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Volcanoes, Nature And Caribbean, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Volcanoes, Nature And Caribbean, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.