- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek into a remote community to live with the locals.
- Sleep in a cave behind twin waterfalls.
- Make your own sugarcane candy.
- Rappel down hidden waterfalls.
Think you know Costa Rica? Trade in the same old settings for the real deal. Trek into the heart of the jungle to live with three families in a remote village. Discover the emerald core of a diverse land while bunking down behind a massive waterfall in a hidden cave. Learn about the medicinal plants native to these parts and how to make sugarcane candy. This is a spectacular country with opportunities for waterfall rappelling, surfing, and whitewater rafting. This is what adventure is all about.
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/San Isidro
Day 3: San Isidro/Piedras Blancas
Day 4: Piedras Blancas
Day 5: Piedras Blancas
Day 6: Piedras Blancas/Dominical
Day 7: Dominical
Day 8: Dominical/Diamante Verde
Day 9: Diamante Verde/Uvita
Day 10: Uvita
Day 11: Uvita/San José
Day 12: San José
- Hotels (5 nts twin-share, 2 nts triple-share), jungle homestay (3 nts, multi-share), cave camping (1 nt, sleeping bags, no electricity).
4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD270-355 for meals not included.
- Local bus, pickup truck, private vehicle, raft, hiking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Bread Making, Piedras Blancas
- Your Foodie Moment: Chocolate Making, Piedras Blancas
- Hiking excursion to Piedras Blancas (4 days)
- Overnight hiking excursion to Diamante Verde Cave
- Waterfall rappelling
- Whitewater rafting on the Savegre River
- Trapiche demonstration
- Ballena Marine National Park visit
- Free time in Dominical and Uvita
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trek Hidden Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 72 today.
- Save US$ 48+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trek Hidden Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Trek Hidden Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trek Hidden Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.