- duration 12 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness a natural waterfall
- See the wildlife in their native habitat
Kickstart your day with a typical Costa Rican breakfast that includes the popular “Gallo Pinto”.
After breakfast, your next stop is the Banana Plantation where the fruit is processed and exported. The fun continues as you abandon the bus and your tour takes you on an exciting boat trip into the jungles of Tortuguero National Park.
Covering over 29,000 hectares, Tortuguero is one of the main nesting sites of the Chelonia Midas, the endangered green sea turtle. Home to a wide variety of wildlife, the forests and waterways are inundated with sloths, monkeys, agoutis, coatimundis, crocodiles and manatees. Toucans, trogons, egrets and herons blanket the forests overhead while exquisite butterflies like the Blue Morpho add that splash of colour as they fly through.
After a hearty buffet lunch, take a walk through the village of Tortuguero and get to know the villagers and the history of the area before your return to San Jose in mid-afternoon with a rest stop along the way.
What to bring: Hat, light clothes and covered shoes. Make sure you bring your camera to capture the memorable moments.
- Pick up at your hotel in San Jose around 6:00 am
- Alcoholic beverages
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.