- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Independent
- max group size 10
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cruise the canals in search of wildlife.
- Hike through the pristine environment of Tortuguero National Park.
- Search for sea turtles when in season
Short on time but need more of Costa Rica? Tortuguero National Park, a remote coastal town only accessible by boat or small plane, is the place for you. Travel from San José through banana plantations to the Caribbean Coast where you'll catch a boat to Tortuguero. Spend three days exploring the canals, beaches, and jungles of this pristine nature reserve in search of turtles, birds, caiman, and, if you are lucky, the famous "Jesus Lizard."
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/Tortuguero
Day 3: Tortuguero
Day 4: Tortuguero/San José
- Jungle lodge (2 nts), hotel (1 nt).
3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD65-85 for meals not included.
- Shared shuttle/van, boat, walking.
- This tour is an Independent Adventure with no group and no CEO (Chief Experience Officer). A welcome package with information about your tour will be at the starting hotel. Local guides while at the lodge.
- Arrival transfer
- Guided hikes and boat tours in Tortuguero National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tortuguero National Park Tour – 4-Day Independent Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tortuguero National Park Tour – 4-Day Independent Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tortuguero National Park Tour – 4-Day Independent Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tortuguero National Park Tour – 4-Day Independent Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 2 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Independent TravelIndependent trips are either entire trips you take privately or solo extensions to a group tour. Local staff are available on standby 24/7.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.