- duration 3 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-14481
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Experience a scenic boat ride in Tortuguero National Park
- Spot local wildlife within the park’s rainforest
- Taste delicious and fresh Costa Rican cuisine
Discover the “Amazon of Costa Rica” brimming with abundant flora and fauna on a short expedition to the pristine rainforests of Tortuguero National Park. The park has a system of natural canals and the only transportation in this area is by boat, creating a peaceful atmosphere.
Day 1: San Jose - Tortuguero National Park, Costa Rica
Day 2: Tortuguero National Park, Costa Rica
Day 3: Tortuguero National Park - San Jose, Costa Rica
- 2N in eco-lodge in Tortuguero
- 3 Breakfast(s), 3 Lunch(es), 2 Dinner(s),
- Roundtrip in shuttle and boat San Jose - Tortuguero
- English-speaking naturalist guides during tours
- Tortuguero boat tours and hikes
- Airport transfers
- Entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park ($17) and turtle nesting ($42)
- Optional tours to Tortuguero Museum village tour and green sea turtle nesting tour
- Other meals and drinks
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 25 today.
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tortuguero National Park Adventure 3D/2N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2023, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tortuguero National Park Adventure 3D/2N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tortuguero National Park Adventure 3D/2N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols
- How many days should I spend in Costa Rica?
Are credit cards accepted in Costa Rica?
American Express, Visa, and MasterCard have commonly accepted forms of payment in Costa Rica, especially when paying for tours, shuttle services, hotels, attractions, and other services. However, it is always a good idea to carry some cash to pay for taxi rides, meals, and other minor transactions. You will also need cash when visiting remote locations.
Do I need to visa to travel to Costa Rica?
Not everyone wishing to visit Costa Rica requires a visa. Depending on your place of residency, nationality, and length of stay, the criteria may vary. Americans, for instance, can enter Costa Rica without a visa and are allowed to stay for up to 90 days. To confirm any entrance requirements, inquire with the relevant embassy ahead of time.
Do people in Costa Rica speak English?
English is common only in tourist-friendly places in Costa Rica. Otherwise, Spanish is the official and most widely spoken language in the country. Learning a few common Spanish words and phrases might be helpful while speaking with locals. The locals also speak Creole and a few Indian languages.
What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is between December and April. The weather during the dry season is amazing enough to relax on the beach and trek through the forests. Those enthusiastic about exploring the lush rain forests and participating in water sports, May to November is the best time to visit Costa Rica.