- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 2+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a boat through the canals of Tortuguero National Park
- See a variety of wildlife during a guided canal tour
- Spot green sea turtles on the beach
We will drive you to Tortuguero from San Jose on the second day of the tour. Spend two full days in the national park enjoying a variety of activities. Take a boat on a ride through its canals and see green sea turtles on the beach. Spot a variety of wild animals found in the national park.
Birds common along Tortuguero's canals include green and great-blue herons, egrets, belted kingfishers, anhingas, jacanas, sun grebes and several species of hawks and kites. Animals commonly sighted in the national park are fishing bats, three-toed sloths, iguanas, as well as and howler, white-faced and spider monkeys. Caimans are commonly seen in the waterways, which also are home to gars, manatees, crocodiles, crustaceans and an occasional bull sharks.
Head back to the capital city on the second last day of the tour. Please note that entrance fees to Tortuguero National Park is not included in the tour price. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Arrival in San Jose
Day 2: San Jose – Tortuguero & Tortuguero village visit
Day 3: Tortuguero: Canals tour
Day 4: Tortuguero – San Jose
Day 5: San Jose departure
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches and 2 Dinners
- Private pickup and drop-off transfers. Semi-private shuttle transportation between destinations
- Included activities: Visit to Tortuguero village & canal tour by boat
- Experienced, bilingual guides during activities
- Entrance fees to Tortuguero National Park
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Save US$ 23+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.