- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- Explore San Jose’s Barrio Escalante and its collection of awesome local pubs
- Experience the Costa Rica craft beer revolution firsthand
- Sample some of San Jose’s best local craft beers in the microbreweries where they’re made
- Dive head first into local pub culture, discovering which watering holes are most beloved by locals
Did you get the memo? There’s a beer revolution going down in Costa Rica! Craft beer is here in a big way, and this San Jose beer tour is out to prove that by showing you just how crazy locals are over their beer, and plying you with samples so you understand the phenomenon on a first-hand basis.
As locals have travelled and experienced craft beer abroad, Costa Rica has seen an increase in the popularity of craft beer and microbreweries. With new flavours, new beers, and a new beer culture to boot, now is the time to experience the beer revolution in Costa Rica.
Most of the microbreweries and craft beer-obsessed pubs are based in San Jose, which is pretty fortunate for us. Before we get into the beer, we’ll make a quick stop at the Artesanos Market, which is hands-down the best place in town to grab authentic local souvenirs. After a quick market shop, our San Jose beer tour will kick into full gear as we head to the eastern part of the city: Barrio Escalante.
Time to get into the heart of this San Jose beer tour! We’ll pay a visit to a local spot that brews their own beer, so you’ll get a full intro to craft beer, brief history of the craft beer movement in Costa Rica, and – of course – sample some of their fine brews! You’ll get to try three small samples of their different beers, which is definitely a solid way to start any tour, isn’t it?
From there our San Jose beer tour will continue through the neighbourhood, popping into some of the area’s most popular pubs, rubbing elbows with locals and learning why these spots are so beloved. At each pub you’ll get to sample either their own in-house beer or a local craft beer, and there will also be some Costa Rican tapas to indulge in (paired with the beer – fancy that!).
Your beer tour of San Jose will finish up in the most popular pub in San Jose, which is a great location to continue on into the evening. Our local guide will be more than happy to provide you with further recommendations and tips on where to keep sampling San Jose’s best craft beers and where to grab a local bite to eat.
- Local English speaking guide
- Ten small beer samples
- Costa Rican tapas pairings.
- Transportation to and from the meeting point/end point
- food and drink other than specified above
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for the guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 74 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
The Art of Craft Beer in San Jose tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Art of Craft Beer in San Jose tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : National Theatre, next to the Costa Rica Grand Hotel Meeting end point : Stiefel Pub