- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- San Jose: Costa Rica’s capital city was founded in the mid18th century, visit its museums, the Europeaninspired National Theatre and stroll through its historic neighbourhoods.
This 10-day self-drive tour is the perfect combination of surfing and driving on your own. With miles of white sand beaches and unparalleled waves, Costa Rica is a world-class surfing destination. You can relax and surf in places like the tiny village of Jacó with beaches of volcanic sand and Tamarindo where a reputation has been forgotten by the beauty of this city and its beaches and end to San José Costa Rica’s vibrant capital city was founded in the mid-18th century, boasting great cultural and historical landmarks.
Day 1: Arrival San JosÉ
Day 2: San JosÉ – Tamarindo (265 Km – 4.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Tamarindo
Day 4: Tamarindo – JacÓ (235 Km – 4 Hrs)
Day 5: JacÓ
Day 6: JacÓ
Day 7: JacÓ – Dominical (110 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Dominical
Day 9: Dominical
Day 10: Dominical – San JosÉ (210 Km – 4 Hrs)
- 9 night’s accommodation
- 9 breakfasts
- Air-conditioned transportation on a shared basis on Day 1 from Airport to Hotel
- Second driver
- Rented Car 4x4 Toyota Fortuner from Day 2 to Day 10
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides.
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving.
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Surf Costa Rica, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Surf Costa Rica, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Surf Costa Rica, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.