- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stroll through Costa Rica's capital.
- San Jose. Learn about the countries history of democracy.
- Art and culture. Enjoy the bustling Central Market.
Set out on a day tour of Costa Rica's capital. Visit sites like the National Theater, the Jade Museum, the Central Market and more! There's plenty of opportunity for learning about San Jose's great history and to pick up some souvenirs to take back home.
Duration: 5 hours
Meeting Point: Parque de Francia
Finish Point: Jade Museum
Itinerary: San José’s rising star revolves around a rejuvenated arts scene, an eclectic and culinary panorama of fusion and Costa Rican tradition, carefully preserved postcolonial architecture and of course, the coffee culture. The revival is happening east of downtown and our start point in Barrio Escalante. What was historically an upscale residential area, is now sprinkled with art galleries, boutiques and creative eateries. Beginning with visits to two art galleries, one representing the modern scene and the next featuring more traditional work from the coffee-driven colonial era, journey back in time over the next several hours to see and taste the history of the city.
Strolling by a number of small cafes and restaurants creates a bit of an appetite, preparing us perfectly for a quick snack stop at one of neighborhood’s innovative restaurants that combines indigenous, traditional and modern tastes in an inventive menu. Did we mention coffee? Today’s Costa Rican society was built around the successful coffee industry over the last several hundred years. Tap into this deep local knowledge while learning some of the intricacies of coffee tasting and selection from a resident expert in a quaint coffee shop.
Not ready to end the day yet? Continue on your walk to hear why this nation has no army and emphasizes education over conflict while standing in the most appropriate place to do so, the Plaza de la Democracia (Democracy Square). Finally, step across the square to dig deeper into the past at the international award-winning Jade Museum, housing vast collections of pre-Columbian art and artifacts of outstanding quality and artistic ingenuity, many with deep meaning for local indigenous populations.
Packing essentials: refillable water bottle, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, light jacket.
No meals included
Note: Allow USD45-60 for meals not included.
- G Adventures CEO (Chief Experience Officer) or Professional English Speaking Local Guide
- Your Discover Moment: City Highlights, San José
- Walking tour of San Jose
- Snack and sorbet during tour
- Entrance to Jade Museum
- Certified guide
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this San Jose Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 3 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this San Jose Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
San Jose Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this San Jose Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 2 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.