- Become a part of Costa Rica's craft beer revolution
- Visit Barrio Escalante to explore the top pubs in the area
- Explore the world of Costa Rican tapas
- Visit local microbreweries to try out refreshing craft beers
As locals have travelled and experienced craft beer abroad, Costa Rica has seen an increase in the popularity of craft beer and microbreweries. With new flavours, new beers, and a new beer culture to boot, now is the time to experience the beer revolution in Costa Rica.
Most of the microbreweries and craft beer-obsessed pubs are based in San Jose, which is pretty fortunate for us. Before we get into the beer, we’ll make a quick stop at the Artesanos Market, which is hands-down the best place in town to grab authentic local souvenirs. After a quick market shop, our San Jose beer tour will kick into full gear as we head to the eastern part of the city: Barrio Escalante.
Time to get into the heart of this San Jose beer tour! We’ll pay a visit to a local spot that brews their own beer, so you’ll get a full intro to craft beer, brief history of the craft beer movement in Costa Rica, and – of course – sample some of their fine brews! You’ll get to try three small samples of their different beers, which is definitely a solid way to start any tour, isn’t it?
From there our San Jose beer tour will continue through the neighbourhood, popping into some of the area’s most popular pubs, rubbing elbows with locals and learning why these spots are so beloved. At each pub you’ll get to sample either their own in-house beer or a local craft beer, and there will also be some Costa Rican tapas to indulge in (paired with the beer – fancy that!).
Your beer tour of San Jose will finish up in the most popular pub in San Jose, which is a great location to continue on into the evening. Our local guide will be more than happy to provide you with further recommendations and tips on where to keep sampling San Jose’s best craft beers and where to grab a local bite to eat.
- Local english speaking guide
- Ten small beer samples (approx. 4 oz each)
- Costa rican tapas pairings.
- Transportation to and from the meeting point/end point
- Food and drink other than specified above
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for the guide.
Child Policy: Children and teens under age 12 are not permitted to join this tour.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.