- Food tour
- City sightseeing
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends San Jose, Costa Rica
- Experience San Jose by night with a local to guide the way
- Explore significant city buildings and local neighbourhoods
- Immerse yourself in the culture and history of the city
- Indulge in a tasty local menu filled with authentic local ingredients
Oh, we need to say more?
Alright, well, there’s also a ton of culture and history, a tasty local dinner, and the chance to experience San Jose’s nightlife with a local. Best. Night. Ever.
Explore San Jose by night, complete with cultural icons, and a tasty dinner with beverage pairings – that’s your evening sorted!
Get up close and personal with the nightlife in San Jose, starting with Morazán Park where we will learn post-colonial Costa Rican history.
From there, our appreciation for San Jose’s historical architecture continues, with a walk by the Metallic Building, then on to Spain Park for a fantastic view of the Yellow House (now the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
We’ll continue to charming Barrio Escalante, one of the oldest residential areas in San Jose. The "barrio" as locals call it, was first a coffee farm but by the 1950's became the favourite neighbourhood for the economic and political elites of the time. Nowadays, Barrio Escalante has reinvented itself and is now home to many up and coming restaurants and at night is a favourite meeting spot for locals and visitors alike.
The evening will end with a contemporary traditional meal at a hip local restaurant that is very popular with locals and offers a sampler of traditional Costa Rican pub fare.
Between your tasty three-course meal, and wine or beer that go down a treat, you’ll be ending the evening feeling every bit the San Jose local.
Your local guide will be happy to provide suggestions on where to head next, but if not, they can assist you with getting a taxi back to your accommodation.
- special dinner
- Local English speaking guide
- and beverage
- Transportation to and from the meeting point and end point is not included. Also not included are additional food and drink beyond what is specified above
- items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this San Jose By Night: Food and Culture tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
San Jose By Night: Food and Culture tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this San Jose By Night: Food and Culture tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
El Social Bar in downtown San Jose by the Morazán ParkMeeting end point :
Barrio EscalanteCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.