- Eco tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Boat tour in Tarcoles River
- Encounter huge river crocodiles and other wildlife species
- Nature walk in the rainforest at Carara National Park
Your breathtaking, adventure begins with a pickup from your hotel and a relaxing private drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside in air-conditioned transportation. After 90 minutes' drive from San Jose, you will arrive at the Tarcoles River. Famous for its large American Crocodiles, the Tarcoles River forms the Northern border of Carara Biological Reserve on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Tarcoles River is home to one of the world's largest crocodile populations in the wild.
On our 90-minute boat tour, get up-close with American crocodiles of all sizes, and observe an abundance of beautiful exotic birds! Enjoy spectacular rainforest scenery and cruise through dense mangrove forest canals. Spot jungle wildlife such as iguanas, lizards, and monkeys. After the tour, enjoy a delicious typical lunch and explore the souvenir store.
Continuing our tour, a short drive to Carara National Park will allow us to get deep inside the rainforest in this unique ecosystem, where many beautiful wildlife species are common to see, such as the scarlet macaw, monkeys, snakes, armadillos and more. Carara is in a transition zone between the dry zone to the North and the more humid one to the south, it has a very rich and diverse flora with more than 1,400 species of plants. Carara park is crossed by several streams, most of them permanent. During the dry season, Carara becomes an oasis of freshness and greenness. To the northeast of the park, the seasonal flooding of the river Grande de Tárcoles forms many wetlands. The largest of these areas measures 600 meters long, 40 meters wide and is 2 meters deep. These wetlands become the habitat of aquatic and wading birds as well as many reptiles and amphibians.
After this great safari, return to your hotel in San Jose.
- Private Transportation from your hotel in San Jose
- Private Professional Tour Guide
- 90 minute boat tour in Tarcoles River
- Entrance fee to Carara National Park
- Nature walk into the rainforest
- Hotel Pick Up
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities for the guides
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThe pick up is your hotel in San Jose COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.