- Food tour
- Nature and bush walks
- Rainforest and jungle visits
- Farm and plantation visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Nature walk in the Rainforest
- Visit a wild cocoa plantation
- Cross a long hanging bridge over the Sarapiqui River
- Make your own chocolate drink and bar
Upon arrival to our beautiful property, you will have some free time to use restrooms and explore the surroundings before we start the nature walk to the cocoa plantation and suspension bridge.
In this three-hour activity, you will discover the marvels of one of the favorite foods of humankind - chocolate. A plant originating in Mesoamerica with an extraordinarily rich history, cacao, or chocolate, was one of the most important products of the Maya and Aztec, as well as other Central American cultures.
The tour includes a guided hike across the Tirimbina suspension bridge to a cacao plantation, as well as to a forested section where you will observe forest species of cacao and how the product originally developed there. During the hike, the natural and cultural history of the cacao tree is explained. Onsite, you will learn about the process by which cacao is processed into chocolate (harvesting, fermentation, drying, milling). Besides this, you will be able to taste some samples of chocolates you make yourself.
After the tour, enjoy a delicious lunch before we make our way back to your hotel in San Jose. During the driving back, our guide will explain about the local products produced in this rich region such as cassava, pineapple, heart of palm, sugar cane, pejibayes, black pepper and more.
- Private Transportation from your hotel in San Jose
- Private Professional Tour Guide
- Professional chocolate maker guide
- Hands on and making your own chocolate drink
- A nature walk into the rainforest
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the guides
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPick up is your hotel in San Jose COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.