- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Hot springs
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cartago city tour
- Irazu Volcano National Park
- Rio Perlas hot springs
- Visit city ruins and churches
Irazú Volcano National Park is in the Central Volcanic Conservation Area of Costa Rica. The volcano is still active although the last major eruptions were between 1963 and 1965, with occasional minor eruptions and some small lava flows since that time. In Costa Rica, the volcano is known by the name of "El Coloso" (The Colossus) due to the catastrophes that it has provoked in the past. The volcano's summit has several craters, one of which contains Diego de la Haya, a green crater lake of variable depth. At 11,260 feet (3,432 m), the Irazú Volcano is the highest active volcano in Costa Rica. It is easily visited from San José, with a road leading right up to the summit craters. From the top, it is possible to see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans on a clear day. However, such clear days are rare, and the volcano's summit is usually cloud-covered.
After the visit to the volcano, you will enjoy the beauty of the Orosi Valley and Town. This small town puts travelers in an ideal spot to view some of the country's most historic landmarks, including the Iglesia de San Jose de Orosi, which was built in 1743 and is the oldest church in the country still in use today. The church's whitewashed walls and classic Spanish-colonial architecture are a testament to the long hours and artistic dedication that went into this church's design.
Nearby this town, we will continue our journey to Rio Perlas, a beautiful hotel and hot springs complex where you will be able to have a great lunch and enjoy the thermal pool, gardens and rainforest.
By 3:00 PM we will depart to San Jose, arriving at your hotel by 5:00 PM.
- Private transportation from your hotel
- Private professional tour guide
- Entrance fee to Irazu Volcano National Park
- Nature walk and visit to the main crater
- Visit to Orosi Valley and church
- Visit to Ujarras historical church and ruins
- Visit to Reventazon Valley
- Visit to Cachi Hidroelectrical Dam & Lake
- Visit to Palomo Town
- Entrance fee to Rio Perlas Resort and use of thermal pool
- Lunch at Rio Perlas
- Visit to Basilica de los Angeles
- Visit to Cartago Ruins & City
- Hotel Pick Up
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratitudes for guide
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationIncludes hotel pick up COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.