- Horseback riding
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy horseback riding on the beach and in the rainforest
- Wildlife watching
- Spot crocodiles along the way
Your breathtaking adventure begins with a pickup from your hotel and a relaxing private drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside in air-conditioned transportation. Your guide will point out many sights of interest including mango, coffee, sugar and citrus plantations, diverse fruit stands and rural farming communities. You will be heading to the Central Pacific Coast and Tarcoles River until arriving at our private property, about 90 minutes' drive from San Jose. Upon arrival, you will have some free time to use the restrooms and explore the surroundings before riding your horse.
Meet your English-speaking cowboy, who will welcome you and help pair you with the perfect horse. After receiving brief instructions, embark on your 2-hour riding adventure using a western saddle. The tour will take you to the mangroves, the rainforest, the beach and the river, where many huge crocodiles are easy to spot!
After the tour, enjoy a delicious and authentic Costa Rican lunch before going back to your hotel in San Jose.
They first took us to a local artisan coffee and gift shop where we were able to try locally grown and roasted coffee. It was actually quite good. We then drove onto the first part of our tour to Cahuita National Park. What an amazing place. A nice walk along a beach area with all kinds of wildlife all around us. The guides did an excellent job of pointing all of this out from Howler Monkeys to leak cutter ants to Sloths up in the trees. We were under the cover of the trees so it was a very pleasant experience and an easy area to walk along.
We next went to a banana plantation on our route to the Tortuguero Canal. We stayed in the bus because they didn't want us to potentially spread any disease to the banana plants. However our guide went out and cut off a start of a banana bloom and brought it back to the bus and showed us all what the baby bananas look like. It was totally fascinating.
Tortuguero Canal was quite fun as well. We saw all kinds of wild-life including more sloths, all kinks of birds and even a small caiman (small alligator) in the water as well as bats sleeping under a Palm leaf. When we returned from the boat portion of the tour they had some refreshing cut fruit for us to snack on. All-in-all it was a great day and I wouldn't have planned it any differently. Thank you so much for the great tour Greenway! The price was excellent and your guides made it a really fun time for everyone.”
- Private transportation from your hotel in San Jose
- Private professional naturalist tour guide
- 2 hour horseback riding
- Cold beverages
- Gratitudes for the guides
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThis tour is for active people looking for an amazing experience in the beach & rainforest. It is not recommended for people with medical situations or limited mobility. Not recommended for pregnant woman. The minimum age for participation is 7 years old. Please wear comfortable tennis shoes, jeans and t-shirts, hat, mosquito repellent, sunblock COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.