- Active and outdoor
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 5
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience Costa Rican ocean fishing
- Enjoy a boat tour
- Lunch included
Your breathtaking adventure begins with a pickup from your hotel and a relaxing private drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside in air-conditioned transportation.Your guide will point out many sights of interest including mango, sugar and citrus plantations, diverse fruit stands and rural farming communities.
You will head to the Central Pacific Coast and Tarcoles River, arriving at our private property, about 90 minutes' drive from San Jose. Upon arrival to our beautiful property, you will have some free time to use the restrooms and explore the surroundings before boarding your private boat.
You can catch the famous roosterfish usually found near the coast all year round no matter what the water temperature is, most roosterfish weight between 33 and 88 lbs, a great quality that professionals in the art of sport fishing often look for.
We always ensure good fishing experiences for both professional and non-professional fishermen, on boats of high quality. We also ensure a clean and sportive fishing experience, and after catching, you can send the fish back swimming in the blue ocean.
After the fishing adventure, a delicious lunch will be waiting for us. After lunch, we will make our way back to your hotel in San Jose.
They first took us to a local artisan coffee and gift shop where we were able to try locally grown and roasted coffee. It was actually quite good. We then drove onto the first part of our tour to Cahuita National Park. What an amazing place. A nice walk along a beach area with all kinds of wildlife all around us. The guides did an excellent job of pointing all of this out from Howler Monkeys to leak cutter ants to Sloths up in the trees. We were under the cover of the trees so it was a very pleasant experience and an easy area to walk along.
We next went to a banana plantation on our route to the Tortuguero Canal. We stayed in the bus because they didn't want us to potentially spread any disease to the banana plants. However our guide went out and cut off a start of a banana bloom and brought it back to the bus and showed us all what the baby bananas look like. It was totally fascinating.
Tortuguero Canal was quite fun as well. We saw all kinds of wild-life including more sloths, all kinks of birds and even a small caiman (small alligator) in the water as well as bats sleeping under a Palm leaf. When we returned from the boat portion of the tour they had some refreshing cut fruit for us to snack on. All-in-all it was a great day and I wouldn't have planned it any differently. Thank you so much for the great tour Greenway! The price was excellent and your guides made it a really fun time for everyone.”
- Private transportation from your hotel in San Jose
- Private professional guide
- Private boat
- Professional captain and crew
- Cold beverages in boat
- Bait and fishing equipment
- Tips for guides
- Earn US$ 18+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.