- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
The Open Voucher Program is the best way to discover the natural beauties of Costa Rica at your own pace. The program consists of a rental car and a set of coupons/vouchers that provide lodging nights, allowing you to choose from a list of more than 80 hotels around the country. You can personalize your own itinerary based on what you want to see and where you want to go. Once in Costa Rica, use the included SIM card to call the preferred hotel and book your room!
Costa Rica is a land of nature, charm and, of course, ‘Pura Vida’. Take advantage of this program to travel on your own, discovering unknown corners and exploring all the beauty this country has to offer. From mountains and volcanoes to colorful towns and beaches that overlook the Caribbean and Pacific, Costa Rica offers a multitude of activities and many perfect places to completely relax. And with your rental car, you will have all the freedom to choose.
Day 1: Arrival San Jose
Day 2: Explore Costa Rica: Central Valley
Day 3: Explore Costa Rica: Central Pacific
Day 4: Explore Costa Rica: Northern Zone
Day 5: Explore Costa Rica: North Pacific
Day 6: Explore Costa Rica: South Pacific
Day 7: Explore Costa Rica: South Caribbean
Day 8: Depart San Jose
- First night’s accommodation booked by Destination Services with breakfast included
- Six nights’ accommodation through the Open Voucher program with breakfast included (see the list of hotels in the itinerary)
- One additional driver
- Private transfer from Juan Santamaría Airport to the first hotel in San José (Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport)
- Car rental for six days
- GPS included
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- Meet and greet at the airport by one of our representatives
- Phone SIM card with $15.00 balance to call the hotel
- Tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Departure tax from the airport
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Open Voucher, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Open Voucher, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Open Voucher, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.