- Bird watching
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit multiple wildlife habitats in one week: verdant rainforest, lush mangroves, lava fields and serene cloud forestsAbundant wildlife viewing with sightings of monkeys, birds and sloths expectedDiscover the tranquil waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for Green turtlesComfortable ecofriendly lodges and hotels throughout Two boat trips included at Tortuguero and a boat safari in the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
A tropical paradise bursting with wildlife! Costa Rica his home to 6% of the world’s plant and animal species, many endemic. The country's rich biodiversity is extremely colourful. Over 850 bird species have been recorded here - far more than found anywhere in North America, Europe and Australia. A cornucopia of exotic flora and fauna, Costa Rica is a nature lover’s delight.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: To Tortuguero N.P.
Day 3: Boat tour around Tortuguero waterways.
Day 4: To La Fortuna, near Arenal.
Day 5: Boat tour of Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge.
Day 6: To Monteverde in the Tilaran Mountains; nocturnal wildlife walk.
Day 7: Visit Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve; to San Jose.
Day 8: End San Jose.
- Travel by air-conditioned bus and boat7 nights in comfortable hotels and lodgesAll breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners includedGreen turtle nesting season: July to October ,All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinnersAll accommodationAll transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 140 today.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.