- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Visit multiple wildlife habitats in one week: verdant rainforest, lush mangroves, lava fields and serene cloud forests
- Abundant wildlife viewing with sightings of monkeys, birds and sloths expected
- Discover the tranquil waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for Green turtles
- Comfortable ecofriendly lodges and hotels throughout
A tropical paradise bursting with wildlife; Christopher Columbus was right to christen Costa Rica the ‘Rich Coast’ when he discovered it in 1502. Home to 6% of the world’s plant and animal species, many endemic, the country’s rich biodiversity is extremely colourful. Over 850 bird species have been recorded here - far more than found anywhere in North America, Europe and Australia. A cornucopia of exotic flora and fauna, Costa Rica is a nature lover’s delight.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: To Tortuguero N.P.
Day 3: Boat tour around Tortuguero waterways.
Day 4: To La Fortuna, near Arenal.
Day 5: Boat tour of Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge.
Day 6: To Monteverde in the Tilaran Mountains; nocturnal wildlife walk.
Day 7: Visit Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve; to San Jose.
Day 8: End San Jose.
- 7 nights in comfortable hotels and lodges , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners included , All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Travel by air-conditioned bus and boat
- All transport and listed activities
- Green turtle nesting season: July to October
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 79 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.