- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7984
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Visit multiple wildlife habitats in one week: verdant rainforest, lush mangroves, lava fields and serene cloud forests
- Abundant wildlife viewing with sightings of monkeys, birds and sloths expected
- Discover the tranquil waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for green turtles
- Comfortable ecofriendly lodges and hotels throughout
- Two boat trips included at Tortuguero and a boat safari in the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
A tropical paradise bursting with wildlife, Costa Rica is home to six percent of the world’s plant and animal species, many endemic. The rich biodiversity is extremely colourful. More than 850 bird species have been recorded here – far more than found anywhere in North America, Europe and Australia. A cornucopia of exotic flora and fauna, Costa Rica is a nature lover’s delight.
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose
Day 2: To Tortuguero National Park
Day 3: Boat tour around Tortuguero waterways
Day 4: To La Fortuna, near Arenal
Day 5: Boat tour of Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
Day 6: To Monteverde in the Tilaran Mountains; nocturnal wildlife walk
Day 7: Visit Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve; to San Jose
Day 8: End San Jose
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches, two dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Visas or vaccinations
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 110+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.