- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Devour a delicious lunch at a G Adventuressupported coffee coop.
- Learn how to make tortillas in a local home.
- Listen to a lecture from a Monteverde Institute researcher.
- Hike the trails of cloud forest reserves and breathtaking parks.
Home to lush rainforests, pristine beaches, and an astonishing diversity of wildlife, Costa Rica has long been a leader in conservation and the protection of natural heritage. Experience this gorgeous Central American nation on a fun-filled adventure, taking you from the foot of an active volcano to the misty highlands and Pacific coast. Hear from a researcher at the National Geographic–supported Monteverde Institute, learn the art of tortilla-making with a local family, and seek out the country’s unique creatures—from blue morpho butterflies to howler monkeys—on hikes through the forest.
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/La Fortuna
Day 3: La Fortuna
Day 4: La Fortuna/Monteverde
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Monteverde/Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Manuel Antonio/San José
Day 9: San José
- Hotels (8 nts).
8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD340-445 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Tortilla Making and Home Dinner, La Fortuna
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Monteverde Institute Lecture, Monteverde
- Your G for Good Moment: Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour, Sarapiquí
- Your Discover Moment: La Fortuna
- Arrival transfer
- Guided nature walk in the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve
- Guided excursion to Manuel Antonio National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Natural Highlights of Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.