- Eco tour
- Sightseeing tour
- National parks
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Volcano hiking
- Cultural experience
- Visit small local towns
- Visit Los Angeles Basilica
At 11,260 feet (3,432 m), the Irazú Volcano is the highest active volcano in Costa Rica. It is easily visited from San José, with a road leading right up to the summit craters. From the top, it is possible to see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans on a clear day. However, such clear days are rare, and the volcano's summit is usually cloud-covered.
You will also get a chance to see the Crater Principal lake in the park, which has an unusual greenish yellow coloring caused by rainfall dissolving the minerals along the crater's walls. It has also been known to change colour to rust-red depending on the minerals present.
After the visit to the volcano, you will enjoy the beauty of the Orosi Valley and Town, Ujarras Ruins and Cachi Lake and its hydroelectric dam.
Lunch is included in a beautiful local restaurant before descending to the historical City of Cartago. Here you will visit the mysterious ruins of the old Parish and view the beautiful Basilica of our "Virgen de los Angeles" with rich displays of carvings, statues and art.
Return to the hotel by 5:00 PM.
- Private Transportation from your hotel in San Jose
- Private Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance fee to Irazu Volcano National Park
- Nature walk and visit to the main crater
- Visit to Orosi Valley
- Visit to Ujarras historical church and ruins
- Visit to Reventazon Valley
- Visit to Cachi Hidroelectrical Dam & lake
- Visit to Palomo Town
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Visit to Basilica de los Angeles
- Visit to Cartago Ruins & City
- Hotel Pick Up
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Gratitudes for guides
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThis tour include Hotel Pick Up COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.