- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Primary forest walk At La Selva Biological Station
- Arenal Volcano Hike in the tropical forest around this famous volcano
- Exotic tropical wildlife Look out for howler monkeys, toucans and humming birds
- Isla Ometepe Experience the laid back atmosphere of this island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua
This walking holiday in Central American journeys through the contrasting countries of Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Hike up volcanoes, discover remote waterfalls and explore the tropical forests, seeing the diverse wildlife living in the tree tops. Isla Ometepe - Experience the laid back atmosphere of this island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua Arenal Volcano - Hike in the tropical forest around this striking volcano Leon and Granada - Explore these beautiful colonial cities
Day 1 : Join trip in San Jose
Day 2 : Walk in Braulio Carrillo National Park. Drive to Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui
Day 3 : Follow trail through primary rainforest at La Selva. Free afternoon
Day 4 : Travel to Arenal. Local walk. Optional thermal baths
Day 5 : Hike through the rainforest to Burrito Waterfall
Day 6 : Drive around Lake Arenal and on to Rincon de la Vieja National Park
Day 7 : Hike thorough Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park to waterfall
Day 8 : Cross the border to Nicaragua. Take ferry to Isla Ometepe
Day 9 : Hike through cloudforest to San Ramon Waterfall
Day 10 : Ferry back to mainland and drive to the colonial city of Leon
Day 11 : Drive through Los Maribios and volcano hike on El Hoyo
Day 12 : Drive to Granada, one of Central America's most beautiful cities; explore on foot
Day 13 : Four-wheel drive and hike along the Puma Trail on a walking tour of Mombacho Volcano
Day 14 : Free day in Granada
Day 15 : Trip ends in Granada
- 14 Breakfasts
- Hotel Sleep Inn (1 night)
- Hotel Ara Ambigua (2 nights)
- Arenal Montechiari Hotel (2 nights)
- Canon de la Vieja Lodge (2 nights)
- Hotel Charco Verde (2 nights)
- Hotel Los Balcones (2 nights)
- Hotel El Almirante (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to San Jose and from Granada are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hiking in Costa Rica and Nicaragua tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 142 today.
- Earn US$ 94+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hiking in Costa Rica and Nicaragua tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hiking in Costa Rica and Nicaragua tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hiking in Costa Rica and Nicaragua tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.