- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Nature and wildlife The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife
- Monteverde Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloudforest reserve
- Volcanoes Admire the classic coneshape of Arenal and the vastness of Poas
- Manuel Antonio Share the stunning whitesand beaches with sunbathing iguanas and Capuchin monkeys
A perfect week's getaway for travellers in search of Costa Rica's natural beauty. From brightly coloured toucans to slow-moving sloths, the tropical forests of this tiny country teem with life. Volcanoes loom over wild rivers, and white-sand beaches nestle beneath a vivid green background, providing a wealth of rich and varied ecosystems for the wildlife lover. Monteverde - Explore the forest trails of this cloud forest reserve, a biodiverse paradise for nature enthusiasts Adventure - Whitewater raft, fly through the canopy on a zip wire or hike on volcanoes Manuel Antonio - Share the stunning white-sand beaches of this national park with sun-bathing iguanas and capuchin monkeys
Day 1 : Join trip in San Jose
Day 2 : Visit the Poas Volcano; try out traditional oxcart painting
Day 3 : Volcano hike in Arenal; free afternoon with options including wildlife spotting
Day 4 : Lunch with a family in Nuevo Arenal; drive to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
Day 5 : Nature walk in the cloud forest searching for wildlife; free afternoon
Day 6 : Drive south to Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 7 : Explore Manuel Antonio's wildlife and beaches
Day 8 : Free day in Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 9 : Free day; optional activities
Day 10 : Free day; optional activities
Day 11 : Travel back to San Jose International Airport where the trip ends.
- Autentico Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel San Bosco Inn (2 nights)
- Hotel Heliconia (2 nights)
- Tabulia Tree Hotel (5 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Costa Rica + Beach Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Costa Rica + Beach Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Costa Rica + Beach Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Costa Rica + Beach Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.