- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Nature and wildlife The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife
- Monteverde Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloudforest reserve
- Volcanoes Admire the classic coneshape of Arenal and the vastness of Poas
- Manuel Antonio Share the stunning whitesand beaches with sunbathing iguanas and Capuchin monkeys
A perfect week's getaway for travellers in search of Costa Rica's natural beauty. From brightly coloured toucans to slow-moving sloths, the tropical forests of this tiny country teem with life. Volcanoes loom over wild rivers, and white-sand beaches nestle beneath a vivid green background, providing a wealth of rich and varied ecosystems for the wildlife lover. Monteverde - Explore the forest trails of this cloud forest reserve, a biodiverse paradise for nature enthusiasts Adventure - Whitewater raft, fly through the canopy on a zip wire or hike on volcanoes Manuel Antonio - Share the stunning white-sand beaches of this national park with sun-bathing iguanas and capuchin monkeys
Day 1 : Join trip in San Jose
Day 2 : Visit the Poas Volcano; try out traditional oxcart painting
Day 3 : Volcano hike in Arenal; free afternoon with options including wildlife spotting
Day 4 : Lunch with a family in Nuevo Arenal; drive to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
Day 5 : Nature walk in the cloud forest searching for wildlife; free afternoon
Day 6 : Drive south to Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 7 : Explore Manuel Antonio's wildlife and beaches
Day 8 : Free day in Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 9 : Travel back to San Jose International Airport where the trip ends
- 8 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- 8 nights comfortable hotel
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 73 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 48 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 138 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 22 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.