- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Nature and wildlife The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife
- Volcanoes Admire the classic coneshape of Arenal and the vastness of Poas
- Tortuguero Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest in search of abundant wildlife in this 'mini Amazon'
- Monteverde Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloudforest reserve
For a tiny country, Costa Rica packs a huge wildlife punch. Containing 5% of the world's biodiversity, its thick forests teem with life, from brightly coloured toucans to slow-moving sloths. With adventure and beautiful beaches to boot, this two-week trip won't disappoint. From April 2020 we have changed the itinerary - among other changes, we are now including whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River. Please click on the date you want, to choose the correct itinerary. Tortuguero - Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest of this 'mini Amazon' Adventure - Whitewater raft, fly through the canopy on a zip wire or hike on volcanoes Manuel Antonio - Share the stunning white-sand beaches with sun-bathing iguanas and capuchin monkeys
Costa Rica is well up there with a couple of others in second place. A wonderful experience.”
Day 1 : Join trip in San Jose
Day 2 : Visit the Poas Volcano; try out traditional oxcart painting
Day 3 : Drive to San Gerardo de Dota and the Savegre Cloud Forest
Day 4 : Early morning search for quetzal; free day to explore the forest
Day 5 : Travel to rural Turrialba; free afternoon and evening meal at a traditional finca (farm)
Day 6 : Whitewater rafting through the forest-covered Pacuare River
Day 7 : Journey by bus and boat to Tortuguero National Park
Day 8 : Full day to explore the park searching for wildlife
Day 9 : Drive to Sarapiqui; Visit La Tirimbina for a chocolate tour and night walk in the forest
Day 10 : Walk in the Selva Verde Rainforest Reserve; drive to Arenal
Day 11 : Free day around La Fortuna; optional sloth tour
Day 12 : Drive south to Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 13 : Explore Manuel Antonio's wildlife and beaches
Day 14 : Free day in Manuel Antonio; relax on the beach, snorkel or revisit the park
Day 15 : Travel back to San Jose International Airport where the trip ends
- 14 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- 8 nights comfortable hotel
- 4 nights comfortable lodge
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver, Boat Crew
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 161 today.
- Save US$ 107+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 306 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 31 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Explore Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.