- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Nature and wildlife The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife
- Volcanoes Admire the classic coneshape of Arenal and the vastness of Poas
- Tortuguero Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest in search of abundant wildlife in this 'mini Amazon'
- Monteverde Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloudforest reserve
For a tiny country, Costa Rica packs a huge wildlife punch. Containing 5% of the world's biodiversity, its thick forests teem with life, from brightly coloured toucans to slow-moving sloths. With adventure and beautiful beaches to boot, this two-week trip won't disappoint. From April 2020 we have changed the itinerary - among other changes, we are now including whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River. Please click on the date you want, to choose the correct itinerary. Tortuguero - Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest of this 'mini Amazon' Adventure - Whitewater raft, fly through the canopy on a zip wire or hike on volcanoes Manuel Antonio - Share the stunning white-sand beaches with sun-bathing iguanas and capuchin monkeys
His attention to detail was amazing.”
Day 1 : Join tour in San Jose
Day 2 : Visit the Doka Coffee Estate; tour of San Jose
Day 3 : Drive to Turrialba via the Irazu volcano; visit Guayabo
Day 4 : Free day; CATIE Agricultural Research Station optional visit
Day 5 : Travel by bus and boat to Tortuguero National Park
Day 6 : Full day to explore the park searching for wildlife
Day 7 : Journey by boat to Cano Blanco, drive to Arenal
Day 8 : Free Day to explore the area
Day 9 : Travel to the Monteverde Cloudforest Reserve
Day 10 : Nature walk in the cloudforest searching for wildlife
Day 11 : Free day; options include walks in the reserve
Day 12 : Drive south to Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 13 : Explore Manuel Antonio's wildlife and beaches
Day 14 : Free day in Manuel Antonio
Day 15 : Travel back to San Jose International Airport
- 14 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- 2 nights premium hotel
- 4 nights comfortable lodge
- 8 nights comfortable hotel
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver, Boat Crew
- Any international flights to San Jose and from San Jose Airport are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 132 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 87 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 11 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Explore Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.