- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- San Jose: Costa Rica’s vibrant capital city was founded in the mid18th century, boasting great cultural and historical landmarks. Visit its museums, the Europeaninspired National Theatre, and stroll the charming alleys of its historic neighbourhoods.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
- Arenal: Admire one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country and its mesmerising park, dotted with trails and rich in wildlife.
- Monteverde: Settled by American Quakers in the 1950s, this primary cloud forest is made out of six unique ‘life zones’, hosting many endangered species, as well as a variety of fascinating plants.
Uncover essential Costa Rica during this 10-day exotic adventure. Beginning and ending in the capital, San Jose, this tour offers you the chance to discover different aspects of this emblematic destination. Visit the most predominant natural areas of Costa Rica, including Arenal Volcano National Park, and the cloud forest of Monteverde. Spend precious time in mesmerising Tamarindo, one of Costa Rica’s most famous beaches, indulging in the fun surf town atmosphere and getting closer to the inspiring local culture and adventurous spirit.
Day 1: Day 1: ARRIVAL SAN JOSE
Day 2: Day 2: SAN JOSE – TORTUGUERO (135km – 4 hrs by road / 2 hrs by boat)
Day 3: Day 3: TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK
Day 4: Day 4: TORTUGUERO – ARENAL (210km – 5 hrs by road / 2 hrs by boat)
Day 5: Day 5: ARENAL VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK
Day 6: Day 6: ARENAL – MONTEVERDE (60km – 2.5 hrs by road / 45 min by boat)
Day 7: Day 7: MONTEVERDE
Day 8: Day 8: MONTEVERDE – PACIFIC COAST (190km – 4 hrs)
Day 9: Day 9: PACIFIC COAST
Day 10: Day 10: PACIFIC COAST – DEPART SAN JOSE (160km – 3 hrs)
- 9 nights' accommodation
- 9 breakfasts,
- 3 lunches on days 2, 3, 4
- 2 dinners on days 2, 3
- Air-conditioned transportation as indicated in the itinerary on a shared basis
- Private return transfer to the San Jose airport
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- Operated with Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking licensed local guides on a shared basis. Please note you will be accompanied by local guides for the activities only. There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour.
- All monuments and visits as indicated: Guided visit to Tortuguero village plus guided boat tour through Tortuguero National Park canals and entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park, guided hike in Arenal Volcano National Park, guided hike in Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International and domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 45+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Costa Rica - Package With Guanacaste tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 322 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 09 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Essential Costa Rica - Package With Guanacaste tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Costa Rica - Package With Guanacaste tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.