- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 28+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go river tubing, ziplining and surfing in glorious Costa Rica.
Costa Rica, the crown jewel of Central America, has it all. Biodiversity. Pristine jungles. Superb beaches. There’s a flurry of adventure planned on this week-long jaunt. You’ll tube the Rio Celeste. Swing through the jungle Tarzan-style. Search out exotic wildlife. Soak in thermal baths. Learn to ride a wave in one of the world’s surfing meccas. What’s not to love? And it’s all possible with just five days annual leave.
We have now returned from our trip and are still surprised at how much we enjoyed the Exodus experience. The accommodations were very comfortable. We usually like to stay in boutique luxury hotels and stay away from the home style "bed and breakfast" type of accommodations. We found the chalet provided by Exodus to be very comfortable and enjoyed the chalet atmosphere. It really felt like having a vacation home instead of staying in a hotel. We also have very high standards for food and wine. My girlfriend is an accomplished restauranteur and sommelier and cuisine is a critical part of any vacation for us. We found the food to be healthy, delicious, creative, and prepared with great flair.
But what surprised and delighted us the most about the trip was the people. Our chalet hosts, Jane and Colin, were warm, caring, and friendly while at the same time professional and talented. Our guide Simon was educational, entertaining, and patient. He and his wife Jenn were delightful to spend time with both on the treks and while sharing a glass of wine. Our other trekking companions were a truly splendid group of "proper" English and Australian ladies who seemed as comfortable socializing around the dinner table as they were trekking on the trail in the rain. In a short week my girlfriend and I developed a true and heartfelt admiration for each of them.
We loved our first Exodus experience and plan to add Exodus to our regular repertoire of travels. We had a fantastics time sharing 2 birthdays and 1 marriage proposal with our new friends during our altogether too short week together. (My girlfriend is now my fianc!) We would heartily recommend the Exodus experience to anyone looking for a world class trekking experience. We've already started planning for our next trip!”
Day 1: Explore San Jose in your own time
Day 2: Experience the vitality of the Rio Celeste on a river tubing adventure
Day 3: Marvel at the incredible Rio Celeste Waterfall
Day 4: Wallow in a riverside mud bath in Rincon de la Vieja
Day 5: Swing through the tree canopy on a white-knuckle adventure, then hike to the
Day 6: Join pods of dolphins on the Pacific Ocean
Day 7: Join the surfers on the waves
Day 8: Head to Liberia Airport and wave goodbye to Costa Rica
- 7 nights accommodation in comfortable hotels
- All breakfasts and 1 dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- Free arrival transfers for everyone
- Tour leader throughout
- Tubing adventure on Rio Celeste, hike to Rio Celeste Waterfall, night hike in Tenorio, hike in Rincon de la Vieja and hot springs at Rincon de la Vieja
- Zip-line canopy tour, Catamaran tour to see dolphins and a surf or SUP lesson
- Any international flights to San Jose and from Liberia City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Edits: Rainforest & Restful Retreats in Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Edits: Rainforest & Restful Retreats in Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Edits: Rainforest & Restful Retreats in Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Edits: Rainforest & Restful Retreats in Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.