- Horseback riding
- Zip lining
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Raft down the Pacuare River
- Enjoy many great action loaded activities
- Explore the Monteverde cloud forest and the Arenal Volcano
- Relax at pristine white sand beaches
Unleash your adventurous side by rafting down the Pacuare River, one of the top 10 rivers in the world when it comes to rafting. See the Arenal Volcano. Ride horses through a cloud forest in Monteverde. Travel from treetop to treetop while zip lining in Santa Elena.Choose between mountain biking, kayaking and snorkeling in the Samara Beach. Return to San Jose at the end of the tour. We will drop you off at the airport after the tour is over.
Day 1: Welcome to Costa Rica
Day 2: Pacuare River & Arenal Volcano
Day 3: Arenal Volcano National Park
Day 4: Monteverde
Day 5: Santa Elena
Day 6: Samara Beach
Day 7: Samara Beach
Day 8: Return to San Jose
Day 9: Departure
- Daily breakfast + 2 lunches + 1 dinner
- Local, English-speaking guides
- All activities mentioned on the itinerary, except those referred to as optional and whenever a choice is given (on Day 7)
- Hotels (basic, 3-star hotels)
- Private arrival and departure transfers
- Shared transportation between destinations (shuttle service)
- Optional tours
- Departure tax of Costa Rica (only if it applies)
- Meals not mentioned on the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses
- International travel insurance
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How is the luggage transported?
You will have to transport your own luggage, and the people in charge of the shuttles will help you get it in the transportation unit.
How long do the shared shuttle rides usually take?
The shuttle rides differ for each location depending on the distance. Below is the duration for different destinations:
- San Jose to Pacuare: 2 hours
- Pacuare River to Arenal: 2.5 hours
- Arenal to Monteverde: 3 hours
- Monteverde to Samara Beach: 2.5 hours
- Samara Beach to San Jose: 3.5 hours
Please note, all of these times are approximate and can be affected by traffic.