- Bicycle tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Coast to Coast Discover the diversity of Costa Rica by bike
- Tortuguero Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest in search of abundant wildlife in this 'mini Amazon'
- Nature and wildlife The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife
- Volcanoes Admire the classic coneshape of Arenal and the hot springs of Miravalles
On this cycling tour of Costa Rica we discover a diverse land rich with nature, towering volcanoes and abundant wildlife. Explore lush rainforest in Tortuguero on the Caribbean coast before cycling through the ever-changing landscapes of the interior past active volcanoes, lakes and cloudforest. Finally we reach the Pacific Coast and beautiful beaches of Manuel Antonio National Park. Cycle Costa Rica - Discover the beauty and diversity of Costa Rica by bike from Caribbean to Pacific Nature and wildlife - Spot sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife National Parks and volcanoes - Explore Tortuguero, Manuel Antonio, Arenal and Miravalles
Day 1 : Join tour San José
Day 2 : Journey to Tortuguero National Park by bus and boat
Day 3 : Exploring Tortuguero National Park
Day 4 : Boat and bus to Guapiles. Afternoon cycling
Day 5 : Cycle to La Fortuna
Day 6 : Free day in La Fortuna
Day 7 : Cycling in the Arenal Volcano National Park
Day 8 : Cycle across the Guanacaste plains, swim in Llanos de Cortes waterfall; drive to Cañas
Day 9 : Cycle through the foothills of Miravalles Volcano
Day 10 : Explore the landscapes around the Miravalles Volcano
Day 11 : Early morning loop cycle from hotel. Drive to Manuel Antonio N.P.
Day 12 : Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 13 : Free morning. Afternoon drive back to San José
Day 14 : Tour ends San José
- 13 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Sleep Inn (2 nights)
- Turtle Beach Lodge (2 nights)
- Tilajari Lodge (1 night)
- Hotel San Bosco Inn (2 nights)
- Hotel Guadalupe (1 night)
- Hacienda La Pacifica (1 night)
- Hotel Yoko Termales (2 nights)
- Hotel Karahe (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 177 today.
- Earn US$ 117+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.